*****The Official Champions v St Johnstone Match Thread*****

ElBufalo20

24 minutes ago, BlueAvenger said:

Just back from the game. Solid performance. The goal came at the right time as we were struggling to break them down. Once we scored we were always in control against an awful team. Clean sheet and 3 points. Well done the Champions 

Just in a wee while ago myself, just as you say above. Well pleased with the 3points and a good performance. :coolio:

Knew it was 1-1 in Dingwall before I left my seat and was just out the door when a big roar went up and I assumed it had ended like that, you can imagine my reaction when I looked in here to see they had scored in the 97th minute.   :sad:

18 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

Some people around me voiced frustrations tonight when we sat in a low block while St Johnstone enjoyed a spell on the ball, but I’m perfectly fine with us doing that. 

There’s a maturity to GVB’s tactical style. It’s solid, responsible and pragmatic without losing impact going forward. It offers so much flexibility in this league and teams aren’t exploiting us like they were earlier in the season - the tactics are tweaked game-to-game, moment-to-moment. It’s meticulous and you can see the opposition running out of ideas.

I feel very confident watching Rangers under this new management team.

Huge difference having a seasoned manager who has a plan A,B, C 2 Z.

Now that 55 is in the bag and we have upgraded we should never go back to having a niave rookie manager. 

2 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

Just in a wee while ago myself, just as you say above. Well pleased with the 3points and a good performance. :coolio:

Knew it was 1-1 in Dingwall before I left my seat and was just out the door when a big roar went up and I assumed it had ended like that, you can imagine my reaction when I looked in here to see they had scored in the 97th minute.   :sad:

Same mate. I heard there was 6mins added at the scum game so it was no surprise that they fuckin won. Anyway it’s what we do that counts 

1 hour ago, Siam69 said:

Won 2-0 and cruising, but feel deflated now with the other result lol

Nah fuck them 

when it gets to 90 minutes and Celtic are drawing I half expect them to score a last minute winner 

positive tonight is Rangers winning and performance. Play like we can and I fear no cunt over the course of a season 

59 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Feel like Hagi is the weak link at the moment. 

Alfie is a man transformed. 

I rate Hagi,  but only as an impact sub as things stand. 

Rare to see him play well when he starts. Talented player who needs some focused professional coaching to develop. I am confident Gio and co. can develop him. 

Alfie has his fitness, and hunger back. Great to see.

36 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

Agree with this for the most part but we should have pace on both wings if we're going to do that, Hagi will just slow down any potential counter attacks

Spot on.....I'm not keen on the right hand side when it's tav & hagi, the two of them were frustrating me in the first half.....some difference in how direct Kent is now playing on the other side

16 minutes ago, cr3_bear said:

Nah fuck them 

when it gets to 90 minutes and Celtic are drawing I half expect them to score a last minute winner 

positive tonight is Rangers winning and performance. Play like we can and I fear no cunt over the course of a season 

Exactly , it's what we do that counts and I'm a lot more positive just now than I was towards the end of the SG era .

1 hour ago, NitshillBear said:

Poor cunt probably feared for his windaes after sending Starfelt off.

its actually becoming a joke ,watching that mob in scotland with the referees that bend over backwards for them it would be more suited playing in the Columbian league during pablos time 

54 minutes ago, BlueboyG said:

I still think Tav is struggling, knowhere near the form he had last season, got caught out a few times.

Keeping clean sheets. Playing more defensively and not trying to make 30 crosses a game.

Part of the reason we aren't conceeding the first goal every game.

I blame Gio. :raging:

Solid and serious performance Rangers, well done.
Arfield back in form like this is making me happy. We looked focused and very comfortable, second goal was class, I hope everything will keep going this way. Proud of the lads.

51 minutes ago, NI said:

Solid and serious performance Rangers, well done.
Arfield back in form like this is making me happy. We looked focused and very comfortable, second goal was class, I hope everything will keep going this way. Proud of the lads.

Arfield constant buzzing around is incredibly missed  glad he's back. My vice captain

2 hours ago, bluenoz said:

Tav made two good tackles but got skinned 3 times.

The offensive side to his game has been curbed which will piss him off. 

If we are strictly going on defensive duties, Patterson is clearly the better right back.

We won and kept a clean sheet.

No issue here