SPFL On Red Alert

BlueboyG

Just now, TartanTeddy said:

I'm confused - I assumed St Mirren on Sunday was now behind closed doors (or with 500 fans only).

It says restrictions start on the 26th December?

Would love to be wrong on this but pretty sure Sunday is dubbed for fans??

Nah if they start on Boxing Day we’re humped 

I'm confused - I assumed St Mirren on Sunday was now behind closed doors (or with 500 fans only).

Would love to be wrong on this but pretty sure Sunday is gubbed for fans??

Mate of mine who’s a Jambo was up trying to buy tickets for Sunday ,Couldnt buy as crowds were banned .

21 minutes ago, Monkey Butler said:

It's not always about us or them. These clubs need the revenue that crowds bring in, so I totally understand them wanting this to happen. 

3 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Exactly. If it wasn’t for AFCON I wouldn’t give a fuck.

So do we delay again in 3 weeks if crowds aren't back?

Would love to be wrong on this but pretty sure Sunday is dubbed for fans??

I’m sure it’s from 26th for football crowd restrictions and from 27th other restrictions like table service at pubs and restaurants etc

7 minutes ago, Monkey Butler said:

Let's just hope Boris holds his nerve and the EPL continues as normal. That's when questions will be asked about what the fuck we're up to. 

It won't make a difference. Scottish government and Scottish football did things differently last time as well. 

We called our season they played to the end. 

They were preparing for full crowds at the start of the season while we had to wait until our season was underway before getting more fans in.  

Anything that gets done down south gets ignored up here or SNP go in a different direction.

12 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

Long gone are the days of the common brotherhood.

Reckon almost every Hearts fan over 60 (Iv known many) would back Rangers at every turn .

Almost all under 50 would stand on our throats if they could .

I've hated them with a passion since Tynecastle when we were in admin and they were gloating like fuck giving it the jelly and ice cream shite. We pumped them 3 nil tho and I got steamin and had a minted curry tho so it all worked out ok in the end. Just another Rangers hating diddy team

Just now, Monkey Butler said:

Obviously not, but I can understand the clubs wanting to give themselves the best chance they can to have crowds back in (hoping it's just 3 weeks). Totally logical from a business sense. 

Creating a backlog of fixtures in an already tight schedule when the vast majority of clubs son't have any covid issues makes absolutely zero sense though

26 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

Daily Record (so will have come from Doncaster) saying the 10 clubs in favour can carry the decision to bring forward the break but ultimately it needs Sky’s approval. 

Keep an eye on whatever Keith Jackson writes as that will be direct from Doncaster. 

Thought it had to be an 11-1 to carry a decision? 

4 minutes ago, Willis said:

I've hated them with a passion since Tynecastle when we were in admin and they were gloating like fuck giving it the jelly and ice cream shite. We pumped them 3 nil tho and I got steamin and had a minted curry tho so it all worked out ok in the end. Just another Rangers hating diddy team

What’s the situation these days with segregation outside the ground these days .Found it very unusual back in the day there was none and fans mixed without any trouble on Gorgie Rd

2 minutes ago, Monkey Butler said:

Obviously not, but I can understand the clubs wanting to give themselves the best chance they can to have crowds back in (hoping it's just 3 weeks). Totally logical from a business sense. 

This is it. Diddy clubs which are hugely reliant on gate receipts will go with any plan which gives them a better chance of cashing in. They won’t give a fuck about any advantage that would give the taigs. Saying that, they seem to fall over themselves these days to go along with whatever fits that agenda and we’ve lost our influence. 

1 minute ago, Johnsey said:

The wording these clubs are using is hilarious. Hibs banging on about integrity. Our league lost all of that when they cunts decided to give celtic a title over Zoom. 

Their favourite buzzword. 

Continuing the league would uphold its integrity. Behind closed doors would be an acceptable compromise. 

Cloud cuckoo land of they think bringing the winter break forward will solve all the issues of covid. They had protocols and safety measures last season which worked by and large. 

Just replicate those plans. Simple.

4 minutes ago, Siam69 said:

So what would be the worst scenario, missing Aribo, and Simpson at CH if we don't bring another in?

Yes. Well, without any new injuries.

7 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

If it's an issue now it's just as much of an issue in a few weeks

I know, and there is no chance of the fans being back in three weeks. I’m not in favour of any delay, even the winter break’s a load of shite.