Post Split Fixtures

northern bear

I was thinking about this the other day and saw a news article on it as well. We will have played hearts, hibs, tims, motherwell(?) and aberdeen all twice at home before the split. How will this work out as surely we will have 3 away games maximum after the split? This would be tims and hearts but not sure how this will work. No doubt the SFA will just give us 5 away games. 

7 minutes ago, northern bear said:

I was thinking about this the other day and saw a news article on it as well. We will have played hearts, hibs, tims, motherwell(?) and aberdeen all twice at home before the split. How will this work out as surely we will have 3 away games maximum after the split? This would be tims and hearts but not sure how this will work. No doubt the SFA will just give us 5 away games. 

Each team plays the same number of home and away games over a season. You can potentially play the same team three times at home or away depending on how the places are at the split.

2 minutes ago, northern bear said:

We'll have 3 away. If we've already played teams twice away / home then if need be we'll play a third time. Difficult to guess just now who makes top 6 with only 4 points separating 6 teams mid table.

6 minutes ago, northern bear said:

A field day for conspiracy theories on both sides. But a split has always been capable of these sort of. anomalies,  it's a crazy set up that throws these things up when the title is a tight race. No doubt it wont do us any favours,  or the mhanks will want a stewards enquiry 

1 minute ago, glasgow argyle said:

A field day for conspiracy theories on both sides. But a split has always been capable of these sort of. anomalies,  it's a crazy set up that throws these things up when the title is a tight race. No doubt it wont do us any favours,  or the mhanks will want a stewards enquiry 

We need to go into this ahead as they will have the easier fixtures as they will be at home more. Its an absolutely shocking system when you think about it. 

I know a lot hate it, but during the Europa league run I liked the Baku song. Think we beat Rapid and Ibrox was absolutely rocking. 

Personal favourite in recent years is ‘Follow, follow Glasgow Rangers’ - although bizarrely it doesn’t sound as good with 55 instead of 54. 

Love when the full stadium gets behind ‘Build my gallows’ too.

16 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

I know a lot hate it, but during the Europa league run I liked the Baku song. Think we beat Rapid and Ibrox was absolutely rocking. 

Personal favourite in recent years is ‘Follow, follow Glasgow Rangers’ - although bizarrely it doesn’t sound as good with 55 instead of 54. 

:slapped:

The fixtures are done based on a predetermined view of who the top 6 will be. The biggest issue is the promoted team or teams from the championship are deemed to be bottom 6 standard. This has been a shambles for years now as even our first year back we were deemed to end in bottom 6 for fixture setting. In the past 5 or 6 years you have had Hearts (twice), Hibs, Dundee Utd and us all coming up from the championship and going straight into the top 6. 

1 hour ago, graeme_4 said:

3D58938F-B1B0-4D6E-A2BC-FE81B23FE309.jpeg

1 hour ago, graeme_4 said:

Thanks for explaining the split,perfectly clear now.

15 hours ago, glasgow argyle said:

It's an utterly mental system that no proper big league would consider. An embarrassment.

2 hours ago, GersInCanada said:

As it is every year the split is just mental but the incompetents wont change it.

Beat scum at Ibrox and dont lose at the crumbledome ought to be enough to retain the title.

Based on what?

The amount of posts on here the past week implying that either team is going to go on a run of dropping no points between now and the end of the seaso is mental

On 10/02/2022 at 17:58, Swagger said:

Every fucking thing is going for them and has been for a while. Surely to fuck the luck will run out soon 

Yeah, but if we lose this title, it’s solely on our players. Their attitude and mentality was nowhere near good enough at the start of the season or post split. Some of the points dropped have been fucking criminal

6 hours ago, BearInTheToon said:

Yeah, but if we lose this title, it’s solely on our players. Their attitude and mentality was nowhere near good enough at the start of the season or post split. Some of the points dropped have been fucking criminal

I know - late goals conceded and  silly needless points dropped. We should have had a really decent cushion after their start but I think we’ve  blown it. Everything is going Celtics way and just can’t see them dropping much before the end of the season