The Summer Rebuild

esquire8

We all know it's coming regardless of winning the league or not. We've only got a few months left of planning for it and right now who out of the squad makes it to next season? Taking who would be he manager out of the equation.

For me, with contract length affecting the decision, would have only 11 left.

McLaughlin, Tav, Zukowski, Helander, King, Sands, Souttar, Jack, Arfield, Lowry and Morelos.

6 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

We all know it's coming regardless of winning the league or not. We've only got a few months left of planning for it and right now who out of the squad makes it to next season? Taking who would be he manager out of the equation.

For me, with contract length affecting the decision, would have only 11 left.

McLaughlin, Tav, Zukowski, Helander, King, Sands, Souttar, Jack, Arfield, Lowry and Morelos.

Fucking hell.

Kamara Roofe and Barisic the 3 I’d actively be looking to move on, Roofe takes weeks to get upto full speed then is inevitably injured again, Barisic confidence is totally gone and best for both parties he moves on, and Kamara is an asset who’d command a decent fee that I don’t think we’d miss 

Mcgregor, davis retiring ?

Barasic, goldson and if he still has high value kamara sold.

Morelos n kent may have suitors again after starting there season in November.

Aribo stopped playing ebd of december otherwise maybe see bids for him, hadnt kicked a ball since ebd december though.

Realistically I think we're looking at a minimum of 7/8 first team players gone in the summer, guesses would be

Mcgregor, Barisic, Goldson, Davis,  Kamara, Aribo, Kent & Morelos

The last 4 are the only ones in the squad worth decent money currently & all could get decent moves, they're not hanging on here for their current salary or for another shot at the Europa

The rest we'll be lucky to get back what we spent on them or they're worth more to us than someone else

15 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

Realistically I think we're looking at a minimum of 7/8 first team players gone in the summer, guesses would be

Mcgregor, Barisic, Goldson, Davis,  Kamara, Aribo, Kent & Morelos

The last 4 are the only ones in the squad worth decent money currently & all could get decent moves, they're not hanging on here for their current salary or for another shot at the Europa

The rest we'll be lucky to get back what we spent on them or they're worth more to us than someone else

I think you right here, but we may have to seriously look at replacing a few others as well. Helander, Balogan, Roofe and sadly Jack are all injury prone and can’t be relied on to play thru a full season. Balogan is the wrong age as well. Add Arfield into those the wrong age. We should be looking at replacing those.
We’ve got Souter coming in, but we are looking at maybe 2 or 3 more defenders, possibly similar numbers in midfield and attack. I realise we can perhaps promote King, Lowry and McCann to first team, and I’d argue the latter two could certainly do the job of Arfield or Hagi or even Aribo but still think Gio would want more than promoted  youth in there.

So a huge rebuilding job potentially. 

We really need to get as much as possible from our saleable assets to help any rebuild. 

What we do in the summer depends on the outgoings and how much we get from that, especially if we dont qualify automatically for the CL.

The wage bill wont be getting broke regardless so its more of the same if nobody leaves. Wilson should, very soon, if he doesnt already have a plan in place for Morelos, Aribo & Kent. Goldson is going as will McGregor & Davis which should all free up some wages.

2 hours ago, Davidorrp said:

I think you right here, but we may have to seriously look at replacing a few others as well. Helander, Balogan, Roofe and sadly Jack are all injury prone and can’t be relied on to play thru a full season. Balogan is the wrong age as well. Add Arfield into those the wrong age. We should be looking at replacing those.
We’ve got Souter coming in, but we are looking at maybe 2 or 3 more defenders, possibly similar numbers in midfield and attack. I realise we can perhaps promote King, Lowry and McCann to first team, and I’d argue the latter two could certainly do the job of Arfield or Hagi or even Aribo but still think Gio would want more than promoted  youth in there.

So a huge rebuilding job potentially. 

We really need to get as much as possible from our saleable assets to help any rebuild. 

Personally I think we'd be in a better place with replacements in for Balogun, Helander & Roofe...Jack seems to still have more to offer but the rest have had enough chances to get fit and can't do it

The issue is you're not going to sell those 3 and break even (sure we spent nearly 6/7 million on Helander & Roofe), we'd be taking a loss on them & that leaves us less to spend on replacements