*****Official St Johnstone vs Rangers match thread*****

.Williamson.

3 minutes ago, GabrielTomato said:

Could even hear it in the fans tonight, not so much a celebration of the final whistle, just relief. But not even relief in a satisfying football way. 

Just a collective sigh of thank fuck, but who knows what'll happen vs Aberdeen.

The majority of that team starts again. Now even more fucked and likely to fade quicker. 

Unbelievable that in 2 games we've made 1 sub

1 minute ago, Bears r us said:

Thanks Jinty. :thumbup:

I wanted him in and so have to support him until I cannot do so any more, it is that simple for me.

He obviously thought to make subs tonight might not help the team and while I would have changed a couple about 65 min, he has won the match so just going with that tonight.

Sat is huge again and no idea how that will go. 

I wanted him too but I don’t think he has what it takes. If we had lost tonight it would have been squarely on the managers shoulders. The players are knackered and when someone like ohalloren comes on we need someone who can keep up with his pace.

4 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

We can only hope Helander, Jack & Ramsey are back for the sheep to freshen the team because the bench has no chance.

Let’s not make excuses for Gio’s lack of Subs tonight.

Sakala, Lowry & Roofe could all have provided a freshness in attack.

7 minutes ago, Malkster said:

that was a hard watch

So glad my other half isn't a knitter or I would have been ramming the needles into my eyes. That was fucking brutal.

Having said that, I'll most definitely take the 3 pionts tbf.

Why in the name of fuck doesn't Gio change it when it's obviously not working? 

Is that 1 or 2 subs he's used out of 10 permitted in our last 2 league games? 

Madness when players are blowing out their arse.

4 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

A thought Lundstram was fuckin brutal and dead on his feet after 30 mins.

Tbf he hasnt played a lot of football until very recently and then been expected to play every minute possible. Bizarre management of certain players 

7 minutes ago, jintybear said:

I love your positivity BRU but we’re papering over the cracks. I have the fear and have had since very early days with Gio. A couple of great results in Europe won’t change my mind 

You do realise that gio has almost the exact same record as his predecessor did this season

As for tonight, god we look edgy, understandable given the recent results and how badly we needed a win, but for all the complaints and moans about how shite we were, we restricted st johnstone to 3 shots, one on target, and in the 2nd half when apparently our guys were dead on their feet, they had one shot that was off target 

We would all love to win 5-0, but that just doesn't happen, tonight while looking pish, is maybe the job we needed in previous two games, at johnstone never once looked like scoring really, we did, numerous times 

12 minutes ago, Albertzz said:

Your right on that one but still mate why we all going against gio, terrible man lets fucking group together on the run in

Aye let's just ignore the pish selections, tactics and game management.  

Great idea.

Unlikely that anyone from Dortmund saw that but they’d be gobsmacked at going out to that shite in Rangers jerseys.

Motherwell and United both took points off us but both lost tonight.

We are fucking awful right now and playing the same exhausted, underperforming players game after game after game is insane.

As many have said poor performance. Arfield was he on the pitch ? Kent and Aribo zero impact. Lundstrum and Kamara together in the same midfield will never work. Tavernier looked like a rabbit in the headlights for most of the match but especially second half. He cant handle pressure. You can see why this team have shipped so many points.

Only positive was 3 points and I thought Morelos was pretty good especially with the service he received and Balogun got stuck in and played ok.

2 minutes ago, RS4_wul said:

So glad my other half isn't a knitter or I would have been ramming the needles into my eyes. That was fucking brutal.

Having said that, I'll most definitely take the 3 pionts tbf.

Why in the name of fuck doesn't Gio change it when it's obviously not working? 

Is that 1 or 2 subs he's used out of 10 permitted in our last 2 league games? 

Madness when players are blowing out their arse.

Just out of curiosity, what part wasnt working? The part where we were still creating stuff or the part where we restricted st johnstone to 3 shots and only one on target