*****Official Rangers vs Aberdeen match thread*****

Just back. We look so tried and sluggish, makes it even more baffling not to freshen up against St Johsntone.

But, we have 6 points out of both games.  Thats crucial.

Time now for the players to rest and come back Thursday. Roofe looked really sharp, would start him with Alfie and Kent next game.

Ramsey on bench felt like a pr move, bet he isnt even fit.

And concerned at the amount of space between middle and front at times, we are anything but compact under Gio and players like Kamara just dont seem to suit it, and it asks a lot of some of the players to cover so much ground.

Anyway we won: fuck you sheep shagging bastards, take your beating and your shite season and get it right fucking up you.

Im noticing now that as of tomorrow we would have played 2 away games less than the scum. Is it always that each team has 19 home/away for the season or are there exceptions? I have no clue with this split actually. 

Walking out the game an old boy said to me that was a huge goal...

In my opinion only if we push on now and put a run together, but in the context of our performances as of late it's unlikely.

70 minutes until we had a shot on target, constantly taking the easy option and players looking like they're on their arse. Obviously delighted/relieved to get the victory but we need a huge swing in performance home and away - one we've probably not seen all Season. 

1 hour ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Id rather our attack started getting its act together, its like back with gerrards pissy 433 when we had 5 men at least that were our goalside of the ball all the time

In the last 3 games we've conceded 4 shots on target, thats a fucking tremendous stat (albeit 3 against well our defense choked) 

However in the last 3 we've had what, 60 efforts and only 13 on target, thats fucking criminal

Sure is

4 minutes ago, TEFTONG said:

That was an experience of many emotions. Frustration at the 2 bus journey to Ibrox. 

Pride and nearly a few tears at the display and the entire feeling of being back in the East Enclosure was almost overwhelming. 

Brought back down to earth then became slightly angry at Rangers inept 1st half performance. Side pass, side pass, back pass punt seemed to be the entire mantra like tactic against the time wasting sheep shite. 

But the explosion of joy and relief at Roofe's winner made it all worthwhile. Walked back down PRW and over the Squinty Bridge into town. Heading home to Dads to order a takeaway. 

Glad you got a win mate for your trip up, I am also in the East Enclosure.

It was looking as if it was going to be points dropped like last week but thankfully Roofe got us the win. :coolio:

We're utter gash.

Starting line up was the wrong one. Gios subs made the difference, saved his bacon and ours when it looked almost lost cause.

Take the 3 points and hope to never think back to that 90mins of turgid, one paced, dynamic-lacking dross.

On we march 😂

Just now, Big Al 55 said:

By luck more than anything else tbh, strange team selection, strange subs. But it worked, bringing on Roofe won us the game so who are we to argue.

It was still the wrong sub, Morelos should have stayed on and Aribo should have been taken off. 

Don’t really understand why there was nothing pre-match or at half time in the stadium. Not even any montages or interviews with ex players or managers. Bit of a let down for a 150th celebration. 

If it weren’t for the Union Bears and the fans paying for their own tifo it could have been any old match. 

Absolutely turgid game but 3 points are all that matters. 

5 minutes ago, GabrielTomato said:

It was still the wrong sub, Morelos should have stayed on and Aribo should have been taken off. 

Aye was fuming at taking Alfie off. Aribo was labouring all game. However could see Morelos was fucked. Wasn't playing his usual game and it worked so onward and upwards.

Just now, The Ibrox Derry said:

Your just being silly with that statement. Anyone happy with recent performances must be very new to supporting this Football Club. Struggling for 80 minutes v Aberdeen is abject.

Show me a league we've won where we've no had games like that and I'll buy ye a sweetie.

Your just being silly with that statement. Anyone happy with recent performances must be very new to supporting this Football Club. Struggling for 80 minutes v Aberdeen is abject.

I’m not being silly, I’m being pragmatic.
I completely agree we don’t want shit performances but in the end the win IS the only thing that matters..

You don’t get points for style.

Morelos was fkn awful , up against David bates ffs,worst defender ever he had alfredo in his pocket .

what a difference when roofe came on hounded him chased everything,night and day to Morelos sauntering about,was his first bad game for a while though but his lack of effort was worrying 

great 3 points but another turgid display

Weve had a run of games like this.

You're talking about recent performances like they've all been shite. Conveniently missing out Hearts, Hibs, Dortmund x2. Tannadice we were quite good. Motherwell we were quite good. Individual errors cost us. I think you're confusing performances with results. Some of the performances have merited better results. 

UB's are the only ones who deserve any sort of credit from today

Up against a piss poor Aberdeen side, we should've been looking to put 3/4 past them and bring some confidence back

Instead there's still massive questions around Gio and the squad going into next weekend (forget Belgrade, the players themselves will turn up for that) & the fans today were as close to turning on Gio as I've seen since the Warburton days

That Roofe goal may have saved his job, especially after the shit this week