Ramsey and Sands

RockwellGers

29 minutes ago, MacBoyd said:

I'm more thinking lundstrum sitting with Jack and kamara getting forward a bit. It's worked well for us recent years with davo instead of Lundstrum. We were light in there at parkhead imo.

Kamara is not a number 10

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, sassaaaa said:

On FF saying Ramsey wont be signing a new extension , he shouldnt be fuckin offered one either......

I disagree. He’s come in mid season having not played at all and tried to get up to speed to play a part for us. At the times when he has played he’s looked really effective, but he was always going to run the risk of an injury due to a lack of match conditioning.

if he’s out for the season, which I hope he isn’t, and there’s any possibility of getting him back for next season - we should be doing our utmost to make it happen, as long as it’s financially suitable for us.

Just now, sassaaaa said:

Other than a few fancy touches I dont see it , best days are long gone. Has been another waste of time and money for me. Promoting Lowry and getting him tied to a longer contract is what we should be doing , and stop buying players who the whole world knows are injury prone.

I understand where you’re coming from, but some of the positions Ramsey takes the ball in and manages to carry and release from are brilliant, he’s just so calm and confident on the ball and we don’t have another player like him. Someone like Lowry should definitely get more opportunities in the first team, learning from Ramsey would be invaluable for him as well.

Ramsey is an elite level player and someone that I'd love to get back permanently if it were possible. I know some aren't convinced but off the ball he creates so much room for other players and that timing late into the box he has will net him a lot of goals if he can stay fit.

That said, with his injury record, it would be a big risk to try and pull it off.

Shame, I'm glad he came and we got to see a big name in a Rangers shirt but like others, I'd be surprised if he makes another appearance.

I think he's the type of player that understands how big the club is and could be a big help for the current team as well as the future.

4 minutes ago, don logan said:

Ramsey has been, at his best, bang average. But most performances have been decidedly sub par. Posters on here desperately trying to spin him as effective remind me of some of the desperate comments made about Pena, back in the Caixhina glory days.

Yeah there's not a lot there tbh 

He's been a disaster of a signing, its gone the way most of us feared it might when we were on the crest of the hype wave.

We didn't play him and cautiously tried to get him fit and he still gets injured.

At least it means we wouldn't be tempted to take up the option to sign permanently.

Good player, but not seen enough of it - too disrupted by injury to get a proper go at things. The thing that stands out for me is the timing of his runs, usually arrives at the right moments in attack and his intelligence on the ball/movement is pretty obviously good.

That said, from a fitness perspective it's not going to get any easier as he gets older. Even during games it's been a bit stop start with him, drifts in and out of things a bit. Don't think it'd be a wise investment, I'd be looking elsewhere in the summer.

Just now, SPWF said:

I said in our Rangers WhatsApp group that in terms of hype, cost, expectation etc vs what’s he’s actually delivered, Ramsey has to go down as one of our worst ever signings. I stand by it tbh. 

In the cold light of day it's been a disaster, its cost us a small fortune (money we don't have) and he's played 491 minutes, 2 goals and 1 assist

2 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Ramsey that missed a 6 yard sitter to wrap up the tie and save us extra time

That ramsey 

You mean the one where the ball came into the box and hit him on the knee? That attempt? which also crossed the line before Ramsey even touched the keeper.

Also, missing a sitter doesn’t make someone shite or useless… if that was the case most forward players would be shite and useless.