*****The Official Braga vs Rangers Thread*****

Only positive is that its only one goal to pull back. Poor performance all round tonight from the bech to the park.

Gio will try and put a positive spin on the game, but starting Sakala through the middle was comical, lovely guy but he has no clue how to play as that focal point. We used to have a front three that rotated positions but it all feels a bit regimented now. 

Eighteen year olds in their team and we are shit scared of giving our kids a chance. I know Lowry was unavailable tonight but he’ll thrive in the space you get in European games. We must have young forwards better than Sakala or Itten.

1 minute ago, graeme_4 said:

None of our midfielders can play a decisive ball through the middle. Huge issue.

Look at the way those scumbags McGregor and Rogic do it. Cut teams open, while we go sideways and backwards. 

This is it in a nutshell. I'm old enough to remember the likes of Souness, Wilkins, Albertz, Numan VAN BRONKHORST even....all popping balls forward in behind defenders......our strikers running on and having fucking shots. Nowadays its an actual miracle if we have a shot. Fucking sick of our negativity. Just lumping balls out wide and down the wings isn't the way forward.

Still in it. Gio should have made his changes earlier in the second half imo. 

We were nowhere near our best. Third gear game at best.  Should have done better. 

Let's see how they do at an absolutely rocking Ibrox. 

The semi-final is still within our reach.

Hope to fuck I manage to get a ticket!!!

We lost to Red Star. With lack of away goals rule this is not a horrendous result (performance aside). The difference is coming from behind - we have the fans to push us and the individual quality. The question is if we have the balls. I hope the players think theres a point to prove.

Just now, MarzM said:

What a fucking terrible game. I've lost count of the number of stupid sideways and passes backwards.

Simple question. If not for "Big European games"...Why the fuck is Ramsey here?

Gio doesn't know what he's doing. IF and it's a big IF we get through it'll be down to Braga wilting in the Ibrox noise.

Agreed why have we signed him to sit on a bench. He done that at juve. Tonight for me is the final straw we need to get gio to fuck. Zero clue unbelievable i miss the gerrard passion

At 1-0 down and 90 minutes to play at home we're clearly well in the tie. If Morelos was fit for next week I would make us favourites but without him I don't know where the goals are going to come from. It's not just his own goals either, he's invloved in so many of our goals where someone else scores, whether it's a direct assist or he's involved in the build-up.

League is gone so Sunday needs to be used to find an answer to our lack of attacking quality.

1 minute ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

Looks like Gio was hoping for a 0-0 result 

We definitely weren’t playing to win it

Shocking performance if we were

Went out for an early or late goal, which is fair enough if we can string enough passes together to counter attack, but the amount of easy passes tonight and against them that have been played behind our players feet is ridiculous for professional footballers.