*****The Official Rangers vs Savilles Match Thread*****

15 hours ago, bluenoz said:

We were the better team last time we played them despite losing. Gio learned from the 3-0 debacle. 

Full press and we win because we have the better players.

Play as we did in the first half on Thursday and we hammer them.

2-0 to cap off a brilliant week and bring on the jambos.

Last time was at Ibrox against a filth team that didn’t care about the result as long as they didn’t lose.

I suspect they’ll be even higher energy than usual at the start in an effort to blow us away given our recent match.

Even if we keep it tight we may start to sag towards the end of the match so Gio’s subs will be crucial.

It’s hard to go to Hampden these days without feeling doubt but its got to end at some point.

We’re in the Europa League Semi-Finals, we know we can do damage. It’s vital we start on the front foot and play Roofe as a 9 like Thursday night.

No Surrender

9 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

The state of this thread on Follow Follow by the way

https://www.followfollow.com/forum/threads/genuinely-the-quietest-hype-for-an-of-game-i-can-remember.202294/

Getting the excuses in before the game, 80% of the thread with posts talking about how Europe’s more important (which we don’t play for 2 weeks) and it’s the Scottish Cup doesn’t matter

That'll be from some older Bears too. Fucking bogging mindset.

Whether you agree with that or not, I sadly think that'll be some of the players attitudes today 

Personal pride will kick in & they'll want to win the match of course, especially against them but most will have 1 eye on Leipzig & avoiding injuries before that

99% of this squad won't get a chance to play in a major European Semi Final again in their life, they'll do everything they can to be involved.

1 minute ago, Essandoh said:

And that includes throwing the biggest derby game in world football?

I don’t care if we’re playing the scum at kerby we should be going into fucking win.

I agree with you btw, not disputing that but we're fans, the majority of the squad aren't

Not saying they'll be going out to throw it, not try etc, course they want to win the match.

But you'd be daft to think they don't have at least 1 eye on Leipzig.

2 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

One thing is crucial:

Kent HAS to show up

He's shown on a few one v one's that he has he beating of the Croat. Just has to do it over a longer spell and more often.

15 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

Whether you agree with that or not, I sadly think that'll be some of the players attitudes today 

Personal pride will kick in & they'll want to win the match of course, especially against them but most will have 1 eye on Leipzig & avoiding injuries before that

99% of this squad won't get a chance to play in a major European Semi Final again in their life, they'll do everything they can to be involved.

Yep but play like fannies today and they may not find themselves starting in the games. 

1 hour ago, Amokachi said:

I think he’s a great prospect but in what way are you thinking he should throw himself about ? 

Tine and time again these games are won in the mind in the first 15 minutes. A young lad chasing every ball and getting in their face from the off will not be what they are expecting. 

Really don't know what to expect from us today

We are the better side so once we work out the tactical problem of playing them then it will be over for them and it'll be carparks and sharks in no time imho,I just hope that it's today when we finally work out the problem

Just get through Rangers, don't care how

17 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

I agree with you btw, not disputing that but we're fans, the majority of the squad aren't

Not saying they'll be going out to throw it, not try etc, course they want to win the match.

But you'd be daft to think they don't have at least 1 eye on Leipzig.

I said before the last game v them ‘I hope we don’t go 2 up, then start thinking about Thursday’.

Unfortunately, we only got one up before the minds started to drift, it seemed…

We’ve all had our various views on the difference between league & Euro performances.

Another thought occurred to me & that was bonuses.

Anybody know what the structure is?

Each level of progress in the EL brings in a fair amount of cash & it wouldn’t be surprising if the players get (or want) a decent share.

I had a chat over some beers with an English lad who played for the then Swedish champions & was amazed by the apparent focus he portrayed that the average pro has on money, over achievements & even appearances.

If our bonuses are heavily weighted towards Euro success, it’s easier to understand the Jekyll & Hyde performances.

1 minute ago, esquire8 said:

This is the one that matters for Gio. He has to show that.

They all matter, but this isn't the 'one'.

The semis may or may not be a step too far for us in the EL, but anyone who values a SC win over a EL final or winning it needs their head checked.

4 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Massive game for the manager and this team.

This teams record at Hampden is absolutely shocking.

We are 2-10 at Hampden since we won the league cup in 2011… terrible.

edit: actually I don’t think that’s right, beat celtic, hearts and whoever we beat in petrofac final off the top of my head… maybe 2-10 excl petrofac.

11 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

They all matter, but this isn't the 'one'.

The semis may or may not be a step too far for us in the EL, but anyone who values a SC win over a EL final or winning it needs their head checked.

A Rangers manager getting steamrolled a minimum of 3 times in a row by a tarrier team in their rebuild season on their way to a treble should not survive another season, regardless of potential European success.

27 minutes ago, HG5 said:

I said before the last game v them ‘I hope we don’t go 2 up, then start thinking about Thursday’.

Unfortunately, we only got one up before the minds started to drift, it seemed…

We’ve all had our various views on the difference between league & Euro performances.

Another thought occurred to me & that was bonuses.

Anybody know what the structure is?

Each level of progress in the EL brings in a fair amount of cash & it wouldn’t be surprising if the players get (or want) a decent share.

I had a chat over some beers with an English lad who played for the then Swedish champions & was amazed by the apparent focus he portrayed that the average pro has on money, over achievements & even appearances.

If our bonuses are heavily weighted towards Euro success, it’s easier to understand the Jekyll & Hyde performances.

The difference between domestic and European form is the way teams play against us. Domestic 10 men behind the ball in Europe its a lot more expansive, which allows us to play better. 

1 minute ago, BLUEDIGNITY said:

Law of averages says we are due a result at hampdump 🔴🔵👍🏼🇬🇧🇬🇧

Some people mix up the law of averages with the law of large numbers, which is a real theorem that states that the average of the results obtained from a large number of trials should be close to the expected value, and will tend to become closer as more trials are performed.

And I only know that because I was reading it when you posted 😂