***** The Official RB Leipzig v Rangers (Opposition) Europa League Semi Final Match Thread *****

I think it was a masterclass in defending to a certain extent but I think we gave them to much respect. 

I don't think their the best team we've faced, would have liked to have seen what their like under pressure and hopefully they'll see a different Rangers back at Ibrox, hopefully Ramsey and Roofe will give us that extra imputus. 

2 minutes ago, steven33jackie said:

To be honest I would of taken this result at the start of the game. But we were well worth a draw tonight. Taking off Aribo and Jack for Sands and Arfield and leave Davis on the bench, for me was crazy. Sands for Kamara maybe and keep either Aribo or Jack on the pitch for another ten minutes. From the point of that double substitution we just gave up easy possession over and over again.

We need Roofe fit for the return. Sakala is an absolute waste of time thru the middle. Can understand now why Wright played for so long.

Quote of the night from the tactical guru McCoist, praising Aribo as a front man. "You don't need to know how to play the position to play the position" 🤔

He said “you don’t need to play the position to know how to play the position.” Opposite of what you are quoting him as. He is right

3 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

No sure about McGregor but that's a lot of shite about Kent mate. He reacts well and sprints to shut it down. Think we always look to blame someone when in fact it's maybe just a good goal with nobody at fault.

You're missing my point mate. IF we're blaming McGregor. I didn't say I was, just IF. :thumbup: Don't think anyone was to blame!

It's a wonder strike, It was always going to take something like that for them to win it......we just need to accept shit happens and roll our sleeves up next week. 

3 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

The speed of the ball was so much I just don't think he could have saved it. It is all about opinions mate, but I am happy to have a go at them at Ibrox next week and believe we still have a good chance to go through. 

It’s a critical opinion and it’s my one issue from an otherwise solid performance all round.

1 minute ago, the brown brogue said:

Switching Aribo out wide was a mistake, we were looking threatening with him holding the ball up. As soon as Sakala came on our players were screaming at him making the wrong run every time. 

Wright was out his depth as well, not his fault but he's there to help us meet a quota. If he wasn't Scottish he wouldn't be near us. 

Yep, should’ve kept Aribo central.