***** The Official RB Leipzig v Rangers (Opposition) Europa League Semi Final Match Thread *****

3 hours ago, Blumhoilann said:

Thinking back to the Dortmund game and the Morelos 'goal',seems that some of these refs only go to VAR if the players react strongly???

No they don't, they go to VAR when they are told by the VAR, no one knew the dortmund boy handled it in the first leg remember

I thought they reacted like they had the whole tie won last night. I really believe they’re in for a shock next week. 

Didn’t rate them at all last night, not getting the hype. 

I think it’ll go to ET next week and the no away goals rule will work in our advantage because they’ll score

6 minutes ago, Jelavic191 said:

The goal is frustrating. Should the keeper came and have punched the first ball in clear? You’d have to think any keeper other than McGregor would have 

Its in the 6 yard box, 99% of keepers do, sadly we’re still playing the 1% that doesn’t.

McGregor has been fantastic for us and often won us points on his own but he’s cost us far too much this season, it’s clear goalkeeping has moved on now. 

7 hours ago, RFC55 said:

They weren’t great gutted we stood off them.

think we can do them next week tbh 

It felt a bit like the new year old firm game. 
We have them way too much respect.

Push Lundstram into midfield for 2nd leg and take game to them and let defence deal with Nkoko. He seemed to be man marking him last night. 

I have every confidence in them having a right go next week. Whether it’s enough is another story but at least go out with a bang.

22 minutes ago, Docspawn said:

Thought there was a couple of shocking moments lastnight when Shagger needed to take charge.

One particular moment when the ball came down just feet away from goal mouth and he left it for Barisic to deal with. Truly frightening! 

Yep, had me shouting at the telly. An amazing shot stopper but he really does not like coming to claim high balls. 

Was very surprised with the formation last night, especially having Lundstram in defence when he's been so good recently winning battles and second balls in midfield. Got to hand it to Gio though, we might not have had much of the ball but Leipzig had almost hee-haw clear cut chances and had to rely on a wonder goal for the win. Think if we play a high press against them at Ibrox they'll get the fright of their lives.  

8 hours ago, johanvanhentze said:

Its not like its a set piece, ffs.. The ball is moving and the keeper will be on the move, and will never expect someone to hit it so sweetly from that range. This is real life, not slow motion world.

Just because the ball is moving doesn’t mean the keeper shouldn’t be prepared. This isn’t a snap reaction just from last night, McGregors been on the decline all season and a number of the goals we’ve conceded this year have unfortunately down to him - whether it’s not coming for crosses, not commanding his area or on this occasion not readying himself for the shot. 

It absolutely was a very good strike, but there’s still room for improvement in how McGregor approaches situations where the ball is crossed into our box.

Why is Arfield ducking away from that ball?

If he had made the same amount of movement to his right rather than to his left he probably would have got something on it and deflected it past/over the bar

Had he done that in the wall for a free kick we'd be giving him pelters.

Very frustrating.                

6 minutes ago, beararse said:

Why is Arfield ducking away from that ball?

If he had made the same amount of movement to his right rather than to his left he probably would have got something on it and deflected it past/over the bar

Had he done that in the wall for a free kick we'd be giving him pelters.

Very frustrating.                

I used to tell 12 yr olds during training never turn your back on a ball. 

amateur. 

Have only seen limited highlights so pretty much going on what I took in at the game.

They are better than Braga, but not great.

Thought the 1st half we defended pretty well but didn’t offer anything forward, 2nd half we looked more like it and showed we can cause them problems so not out the tie.

Players put it all out there and another night we could have got 0-0.

Fans were amazing, UB in great form.

I am currently rattling in work after an hours sleep but well worth it.

We looked by far the better side when he pushed Aribo forward at the start of the second half! Genuinely feel we would have won that game with Morelos playing! 

Roofe making it will be vital & I think the fact we need to score plays into our hands as there shouldn’t be any temptation for Gio to sit in! 

Just seen our pass success rate was only 67% last night. We've got to be doing much better than that at this level. 

We defended well for large parts of the match.. But they still had chances to punish us. The good thing is we know that we can play a whole lot better next week.. Whilst I'm not sure Leipzig have many more levels in them. l

It's all to play for.. And it could be a cracker. 

29 minutes ago, AGC123 said:

From that video it’s pretty conclusive the goal should not have stood. Offside player clearly interferes with McGregors line of sight. 

When the ball has been struck he wasn't in line with McGregor, we would be raging if we got a goal like that chopped off.

Arsenal's third vs Man United at the weekend had an Arsenal player much more in DDG's way that he had to try to look around him, the reason it was awarded was because there was also Man United players in front of him that meant he wouldn't have seen it anyway and he wouldn't have saved it.

Think it was fair to allow the goal to stand.