***** The Official RB Leipzig v Rangers (Opposition) Europa League Semi Final Match Thread *****

10 hours ago, real boydie9 said:

Screenshot_2022-04-29-02-17-13-04_0b2fce7a16bf2b728d6ffa28c8d60efb.jpg

As usual, screenshots don't tell much of the story. You can tell by the footage McGregor is unhindered.

VAR would have to decide the RB player was 'preventing an opponent from playing or being able to play the ball by clearly obstructing the opponent’s line of vision.' The footage shows that doesn't actually happen. Which is why they didn't pull it up.

2 minutes ago, Inigo said:

As usual, screenshots don't tell much of the story. You can tell by the footage McGregor is unhindered.

VAR would have to decide the RB player was 'preventing an opponent from playing or being able to play the ball by clearly obstructing the opponent’s line of vision.' The footage shows that doesn't actually happen. Which is why they didn't pull it up.

Every goal is checked by VAR as a matter of process. They saw nothing in it to merit intervening and calling the ref to have a look.

15 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

The argument last night was should McGregor save the shot, maybe, maybe not. He should 100% come for the corner though. Utter shite from him again

That was my first thought after they scored but thought I was maybe being harsh. 

It'll be a weakness of his they'll be well aware of now though.

6 minutes ago, Inigo said:

The ball is miles away from Angelino there as well

4 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Every goal is checked by VAR as a matter of process. They saw nothing in it to merit intervening and calling the ref to have a look.

Yip. And they're right. I'd have been raging if that was chopped off for us.

1 hour ago, Iggy666 said:

I thought the whole back 4, lundstram and Jack were all fantastic yesterday.

The whole team especially the first half were fantastic defensively. You could see how disciplined they were and how well drilled they were.

It was like a computer simulation the way the moved together at times in the 532.

1 hour ago, ForeverAndEver said:

The argument last night was should McGregor save the shot, maybe, maybe not. He should 100% come for the corner though. Utter shite from him again

Hoping McGregor comes for a cross ball is something I’ve stopped doing for a while now.  
Ain’t happening. 

Always a bit of a scunner when you lose such a late goal but after sleeping on it I suppose it was a decent enough result against good opposition :thumbup:.

Not getting an away goal is less of a problem since they changed the rule because you were always setting yourself up for going out on away goals when you got a blank on your travels

On 28/04/2022 at 14:02, falkirkNS said:

Quayside has turned into a right good boozer these days mate

Was in the Quayside for the game and bumped into the boys that do the Club deck corner podcast. Was a good wee crowd in there mate.👍🏻

Let’s be honest what has been achieved with this group of players is simply astonishing. We have a real chance at making the final I hope that we go after them and do not try and to sit back. The ibrox crowd will be the 12th man and I think if we play like we know how we will go through the tie 🇬🇧

23 hours ago, scottyscott1963 said:

Colin Stein had them on toast mate. :UK:
Their next 3 seasons were the in the EC Final and think it was 6 of them won the WC only 2 seasons later.
That result will live with me forever. 

Did you ever see the interview with Beckenbauer when he said it was the wind that beat them in Glasgow? It's amazing how it only takes a moment to lose a shed load of respect for somebody isn't it :lol:

leipzig are through according to the fans on their forum, arrogance shining from them.  much like the English sides. 

I hope RB melt at ibrox just like Braga and Red star 

IMO red star and Braga give us more problems away from home. this is doable 

17 minutes ago, sausagetrunks said:

leipzig are through according to the fans on their forum, arrogance shining from them.  much like the English sides. 

I hope RB melt at ibrox just like Braga and Red star 

IMO red star and Braga give us more problems away from home. this is doable 

Me personally thought the team looked cocky at the end as if the tie was over,and seems like the scorer said "i've scored better".
If we score as early as the Braga match this lot will be shiting bricks.

Never saw much of the Game last night - but saw the final whistle and saw the big smiles from the Leipzig players and supporters.

You would think they won 3-0 last night and are through to the final.

Of course they have the advantage coming to Glasgow - but just fucking fucking wait !!!!!! - we have knocked out better teams than you before.

Our stadium and supporters will eat you up and we will knock your smiles from your Cocky faces !!!!!!

WE WELCOME THE CHALLENGE !!!!!

I am as rough as I've ever felt in my life. Not that I had much of an option but I really, really fucking regret getting home this morning from the day trip and going to work. I feel like I could sleep til the next leg ffs.

The travel aspect of the day trip was a total shit show sadly, especially coming home.

Was surprised how gutted I've been at the result even though it's not the end of the world. We do have a knack for scoring first and winning at half time at home in Europe, so if we maintain stat we'll be all square at least by half time.

8 hours ago, ScottBF2 said:

Just because the ball is moving doesn’t mean the keeper shouldn’t be prepared. This isn’t a snap reaction just from last night, McGregors been on the decline all season and a number of the goals we’ve conceded this year have unfortunately down to him - whether it’s not coming for crosses, not commanding his area or on this occasion not readying himself for the shot. 

It absolutely was a very good strike, but there’s still room for improvement in how McGregor approaches situations where the ball is crossed into our box.

Absolutely agree with that.