*****The Official Tarriers vs Rangers match thread*****

.Williamson.

6 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Unpopular but unfortunately true. 2 games for me that swung it drawing against Motherwell the day they dropped points and the old firm loss at Ibrox.

Today showed for me we are a better side and they are far from the world beaters they claim to be. 

The difference this season is they have been putting away the rest of the shite in the league while we dropped too many stupid points. 

It's fucking brutal they will win the league from the position they were in last summer. 

Our focus now will be Europe and Scottish cup. 

For me, obviously the dropped points are ultimately what has cost us (and not scoring enough/putting teams away earlier on in the season).

But more than the points, this season capitulated through unacceptable individual errors by the likes of Shagger, Goldson, Bassey. Central to that though, aside from crippling injuries, half the team just didn’t turn up, mentality-wise. Kamara, Aribo, Borna, Alfie (early season), Kent, Roofe, Goldson. Too many didn’t turn up or look interested, including Gerrard.

Sickening to see us hand the league to this tims side, who had their worst start to a league campaign. Attitude hasn’t been close to where it needed to be at crucial times.

6 minutes ago, Leftpegcoopz11 said:

He gets away with it cause he goes up to everyone he's fouled with that stupid fucking smile on his coupon and back pats them and holds his hands up to the ref, and the shite refs in this league buy it. 

Can't stand the wee diving, cheating prick. 

Like the other 2 Japanese he isn’t half the player we originally thought they were .

Best thing about Hatate is his name .

Well suited to they cunts Hatate Muncher 

Just now, magic8ball said:

Like the other 2 Japanese he isn’t half the player we originally thought they were .

That's so true. All these tarrier commentators wax lyrical about them, but being honest, against us they've looked pretty average. 

Aye, but they run about alot. So fuck! :confused:

Our basic problem this season is that we have gone into holiday mode when we are playing the fodder eg the Ross County , Motherwell draws. These were shocking results and we were raging at the time because we knew what it meant. At this club you have to win EVERY game. One crumb of comfort for me is I think we will be better next year as more of the players seem to be ‘getting it’.

27 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Unpopular but unfortunately true. 2 games for me that swung it drawing against Motherwell the day they dropped points and the old firm loss at Ibrox.

Today showed for me we are a better side and they are far from the world beaters they claim to be. 

The difference this season is they have been putting away the rest of the shite in the league while we dropped too many stupid points. 

It's fucking brutal they will win the league from the position they were in last summer. 

Our focus now will be Europe and Scottish cup. 

Bang on bud 

7 minutes ago, AGM_72 said:

Had to laugh at that wank Walker saying celtic threw away the title last season. A season where we didn't lose a single game.

see when his microphone didn’t work just before the game. Nearly onto a winner not hearing that cunt all game:lol:

20 minutes ago, AGM_72 said:

Had to laugh at that wank Walker saying celtic threw away the title last season. A season where we didn't lose a single game.

They are still so bitter as fuck about last season. Every excuse in the book other than admit we were the better side.

42 minutes ago, BearInTheToon said:

For me, obviously the dropped points are ultimately what has cost us (and not scoring enough/putting teams away earlier on in the season).

But more than the points, this season capitulated through unacceptable individual errors by the likes of Shagger, Goldson, Bassey. Central to that though, aside from crippling injuries, half the team just didn’t turn up, mentality-wise. Kamara, Aribo, Borna, Alfie (early season), Kent, Roofe, Goldson. Too many didn’t turn up or look interested, including Gerrard.

Sickening to see us hand the league to this tims side, who had their worst start to a league campaign. Attitude hasn’t been close to where it needed to be at crucial times.

Couldn't agree more . 

I dont know what it was with SG , whether he got pissed off at not getting money to spend , or Malmo deflating him , but we never really got going at the start of the season . Sure we were 6 points ahead , but losing to Dundee Utd , losing late goals at home to Motherwell and Hearts and we really should have been 12 points clear and arguably the season is done . 

The players also need to look at themselves early on . Whether it was arrogance thinking this would be a walkover after last season , it took them , till it was too late , to get their act together . 

It's only lately that we've seen what they're capable of, which in many ways makes it all the more frustrating. 

47 minutes ago, Sunglasses Ron said:

Our basic problem this season is that we have gone into holiday mode when we are playing the fodder eg the Ross County , Motherwell draws. These were shocking results and we were raging at the time because we knew what it meant. At this club you have to win EVERY game. One crumb of comfort for me is I think we will be better next year as more of the players seem to be ‘getting it’.

Are they "getting it" or is it they are just playing better because the idea of pressure is off them now, 

The bulk of this squad has been here 3 or 4 seasons now, if this is them just "getting it" then what the fuck were they thinking last season when they won the league

15 minutes ago, gmcf said:

Couldn't agree more . 

I dont know what it was with SG , whether he got pissed off at not getting money to spend , or Malmo deflating him , but we never really got going at the start of the season . Sure we were 6 points ahead , but losing to Dundee Utd , losing late goals at home to Motherwell and Hearts and we really should have been 12 points clear and arguably the season is done . 

The players also need to look at themselves early on . Whether it was arrogance thinking this would be a walkover after last season , it took them , till it was too late , to get their act together . 

It's only lately that we've seen what they're capable of, which in many ways makes it all the more frustrating. 

We took 24pts from the first 33, then we have taken 56 from 72

Our ppg was 2.18, now its 2.33, so our form has actually got better as the season has went on in theory, but nothing can account for the tarriers dropping something like 6pts from their last 81, 

Had we been further ahead by their resurgence in form or had we stopped their run with winning any of the two OF before this one then who knows, but a combination of both managers, the players and the board/wilson have all contrived to make a cunt of it at points this season

14 minutes ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

I never like giving the filth players any credit, but Hart done very well at Sakalas effort off the post. He came out, made himself look big, narrowed the angles, his save from Arfield was top notch aswell.

True, but Sakala was a bit dim in thinking he’d beat him twice at his near post.

4 minutes ago, HG5 said:

Driven by Scott Wright.

Now, if he could do half a dozen of those a game, he’d have folk off his back in no time.

But he’s a bit symptomatic of a lot of our players - they’ll be garbage, get slagged to hell & back, then pop up with a key contribution, then rest on their laurels a bit.

You can stick Kent, Aribo, Hagi, Roofe, Arfield, Sakala, Wright & Morelos in that category.

Far too many of our middle to front players in that group.

Spot on mate.

1 minute ago, NeoGeo7 said:

image.thumb.jpeg.25bc2baff69f7f31233daef1fedd1df7.jpeg

I canny believe (well I can actually) that more wasn’t made of this. Did the pundits just decide the bheasts got a free kick for a foul and so it wasn’t an issue?

I thought Boyd would’ve mentioned it but I never heard him cover it.

23 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Are they "getting it" or is it they are just playing better because the idea of pressure is off them now, 

The bulk of this squad has been here 3 or 4 seasons now, if this is them just "getting it" then what the fuck were they thinking last season when they won the league

I get what you are saying and agree we won’t know till next season now. It’s just a gut feeling. There was pressure to dispatch them in the SC semi-final and the team did just that.