*****The Official Europa League Final Match Thread*****

G.E.C.

2 minutes ago, bassettger said:

Like all Rangers fans very disappointed. Thought John Lundstrum summed the game up very well. We could have played better but we tried our best in a nervy game. Hope come 3pm on Saturday the team and the supporters can get up for an important final that we have not won for a lot of years.

We simply cannot have another trophy less season. Its a huge game.

Just now, TheKingObv said:

We were incredibly disappointing on the night. Struggling to remember any actual decent football we played? EF are utterly average too which makes it worse.

That's what's getting me. Due to the conference, I can foresee another final in next 15 years. It probably won't be the europa though, and it almost certainly won't be against such beatable opposition.

Regrets/hard luck pish, missing our star player and not able to start a striker. Losing on penalties.

5 hours ago, KingKirk said:

I don't think it's fair to have a go at the fans tonight for the "flat" atmosphere. Fans inside a stadium in 30 degree heat with no access to water. From 5pm

Just off the phone from my brother he had to carry my dad out the stadium after the pens he could barely walk. 

Horrendous. 

Sorry to hear about your Dad struggling in the heat.

re the lack of water, unless Germans are some weird human/camel hybrid they had the exact same lack of water yet it didn’t stop them from jumping around, singing and waving flags. From afar, the difference between the two sets of fans was like night and day.

2 minutes ago, TheKingObv said:

We were incredibly disappointing on the night. Struggling to remember any actual decent football we played? EF are utterly average too which makes it worse.

That’s what I’m struggling with. It’s a once in a lifetime opportunity and I don’t think we gave a particularly good account of ourselves at all. A lot of the players were visibly nervous and we never really got going - poor in possession, rushed on the ball, a lot of them being out fought, didn’t win many second balls in the middle of the park - just such a disappointing end to what has been a fantastic season in Europe  

5 hours ago, KingKirk said:

I don't think it's fair to have a go at the fans tonight for the "flat" atmosphere. Fans inside a stadium in 30 degree heat with no access to water. From 5pm

Just off the phone from my brother he had to carry my dad out the stadium after the pens he could barely walk. 

Horrendous. 

Sorry to hear about your da mate but I’m seeing people I know on FB that had tickets saying the atmosphere in our end was fucking piss 

3 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

That atmosphere is what happens when day trippers that pay over the odds get tickets instead of the fans that go week in week out 

Said the same last night , the stadium was full of money fans not fans who go regularly to our games.

Worst away support I have ever seen at any of our games , Germans sang the whole match.

5 minutes ago, TheKingObv said:

That’s the really frustrating part.

Over 120mins of football and  only one of our players turned up last night and yet we still carved out a winning position.

Of course we then blew it but let’s face it, their goal summed up our season. Players switching off, not getting tight or clearing the ball for some inexplicable reason. Failing to execute the basics.

Despite all that, it ultimately boiled down to one kick of the ball by the one player you would have thought could handle the pressure. 

If even half the team stepped up to the plate last night we win that game, but they didn’t.

Still absolutely gutting and this will hurt for a while, despite what joys Saturday might bring us.

We may have fallen one kick of the ball short but what our team have done this season will live with us for even longer. 

The moments we have shared with friends and family last night and throughout the run are extremely special and would never happened if we just got our bellies tickled by Dortmund in February.

Winning at Dortmund then the performance at Ibrox to see the tie through, the crazy game at Ibrox against Red Star and the heart attack inducing game in Belgrade. The most "Rangers" performance at home to Braga and the absolute joy of that Leipzig game. That goal last night was one of the greatest moments I'll ever have as a Rangers fan.

They made us dream and its all we ever ask for at that level of football now. I'm proud of our all our lads and the manager for everything they gave us to get us to Seville.

WATP!

See the ones slaughtering the fans for the lack of atmosphere- I agree it was absolutely shit. But were you there? If not you are in no position to comment.

The heat and dehydration was horrific. Hard to stand and shout and sing when it's touch and go if you'll pass out afterwards. 

I get the "it didn't bother the Germans" argument because they put us to shame. But maybe they're more used to playing in that heat or were better prepared and hydrated than us. 

I don't know of any Rangers fans in the ground that were "day trippers". And I wish I was as "rich" as seems to be getting bandied about on here.

11 minutes ago, beararse said:

Sorry to hear about your Dad struggling in the heat.

re the lack of water, unless Germans are some weird human/camel hybrid they had the exact same lack of water yet it didn’t stop them from jumping around, singing and waving flags. From afar, the difference between the two sets of fans was like night and day.

Or the water didn’t run out at their end of the ground? Or there were more kiosks open at their end of the ground.

Their fans were far noisier, though.

One of those games where you feel we should've had more input given it was a one off .

The starting eleven for me was missing that calming effect and it showed in the haphazard passing allowing them more possession and having a go at us too often.

A superb goal for us  but a really sloppy goal to lose for the equaliser.

It's been a fantastic campaign given the teams we've disposed of but you can't help but feel gutted at the display last night from the point of view of previous results where we really imposed ourselves on the tie last night was a major disappointment in what was a one off game .

2 minutes ago, left winger said:

Or the water didn’t run out at their end of the ground? Or there were more kiosks open at their end of the ground.

Their fans were far noisier, though.

You reckon it’s more likely that half a stadiums’s water supply ran out exactly where the Germans were sat or that a disproportionate amount of kiosks were made available for them? 

10 minutes ago, DiamondDan said:

I get the "it didn't bother the Germans" argument because they put us to shame. But maybe they're more used to playing in that heat or were better prepared and hydrated than us. 

The Europeans don't drink anywhere as much as we do. They are more interested in walking in loud groups singing mind numbing songs. 

2 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

The over reliance on the big raking ball out from Goldson killed us a bit last night too. It was clearly a tactic, but we should have mixed it up more. 

Was screaming all night at how many times he gave the ball away with needless poor long balls.

Was so frustrating.

16 minutes ago, DiamondDan said:

See the ones slaughtering the fans for the lack of atmosphere- I agree it was absolutely shit. But were you there? If not you are in no position to comment.

The heat and dehydration was horrific. Hard to stand and shout and sing when it's touch and go if you'll pass out afterwards. 

I don't know of any Rangers fans in the ground that were "day trippers". And I wish I was as "rich" as seems to be getting bandied about on here.

Wasn’t there as I said but I’ve seen people I know that were there and go every week to watch us and have said it’s the worst “away support” they’ve ever experienced. There were plenty of day trippers there, you seen on this forum alone cunts that admitted they don’t go usually that were paying well over the odds to be there last night.

Had no real bearing on the result obviously but I thought for the amount of us that seemed to be in that ground last night we sounded horrific