The refereeing today

3 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

Honestly the fucking worst performance I have ever seen. I’m not one for ever making these threads but that was so bad it would be career ending in any other country but this one.

Utterly shambolic decisions constantly. My celebration for Jacks goal was just a massive release of me shouting abuse :lol:

Just incompetent. Both teams suffered equally. No?

I mean, if Collum had it in for us then that's leading towards conspiracy stuff 😂.

And imo it was nowhere near as bad as Beaton v Hivs or Clancy in our 2-1 win at the paedodome.

As with D Utd away, we should have had a penalty and an opponent red carded for fouling without making a genuine effort for the ball.

How often do game changing decisions have to go pretty much consistently against us for it to be established as more than simple incompetence?

8 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

As with D Utd away, we should have had a penalty and an opponent red carded for fouling without making a genuine effort for the ball.

How often do game changing decisions have to go pretty much consistently against us for it to be established as more than simple incompetence?

We’ll hopefully get the “game changing” decisions but see my post above. It’s the wee niggly ones that also influence games that are the biggest issue, in my opinion 

9 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

We’ll hopefully get the “game changing” decisions but see my post above. It’s the wee niggly ones that also influence games that are the biggest issue, in my opinion 

I'm hopeful we just get justice for the offsides and penalties. Tbh I'm not expecting the subjective ones to go in our favour any more than they do currently.

8 hours ago, Roy Hobbs said:

I would have thought the same but it seems it was actually the correct decision.

If an offside offence occurs, the referee awards an indirect free kick where the offence occurred, including if it is in the player’s own half of the field of play.

That doesn't make sense, you can't be offside in your own half so the offence can only be in the opponents half.

52 minutes ago, soulboy said:

That doesn't make sense, you can't be offside in your own half so the offence can only be in the opponents half.

I read it as you're only flagged offside once you interfere with play, so touching the ball.

How you can have decisions like that in ‘professional’ football is an absolute disgrace, you wouldn’t see that level of incompetence at Sunday league.

The club need to make official complaints after performances like that. Not saying we should accuse him of cheating, but there’s plenty of evidence that the refereeing was way below the standard expected at professional level, let alone a national cup final. 

Until we kick up a proper fuss and go on the attack, things will never change.

10 minutes ago, Bristol loyal said:

How you can have decisions like that in ‘professional’ football is an absolute disgrace, you wouldn’t see that level of incompetence at Sunday league.

The club need to make official complaints after performances like that. Not saying we should accuse him of cheating, but there’s plenty of evidence that the refereeing was way below the standard expected at professional level, let alone a national cup final. 

Until we kick up a proper fuss and go on the attack, things will never change.

And after you win is the perfect time to do it, because otherwise it's just written off as being sore losers. 

Offside rules:

There is no offside offence if a player receives the ball directly from:

a goal kick

a throw-in

a corner kick

Offences and sanctions

If an offside offence occurs, the referee awards an indirect free kick where the offence occurred, including if it is in the player’s own half of the field of play.

Hate Collum being right but it seems that he was 🙄

24 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Offside rules:

There is no offside offence if a player receives the ball directly from:

a goal kick

a throw-in

a corner kick

Offences and sanctions

Hate Collum being right but it seems that he was 🙄

Eh? How is that even possible?

4 minutes ago, beararse said:

If, and it’s a big if, these clowns can actually carry out VAR checks correctly then games are going to last about 15mins longer given the incompetency of our refs and the number of clear and obvious mistakes they make in a single match.. 

Tbf the Haring challenge on Bassey and the penalty not awarded are the only two I can think of that they'd review and intervene.

All the other 'incompetence' would run as normal.

5 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Player runs from offside and make first contact in his own half. 

Maybe I’m being thick but is the free kick not given from where the player is when the ball is played, rather than where he ends up making contact with the ball? I guess looking at the rules it can’t be, but it’s certainly something I’ve never noticed before!

2 minutes ago, Bristol loyal said:

Maybe I’m being thick but is the free kick not given from where the player is when the ball is played, rather than where he ends up making contact with the ball? I guess looking at the rules it can’t be, but it’s certainly something I’ve never noticed before!

That's what I'd thought too but it must all have changed when the rules allowed players to be in offside position as long as didn't touch the ball.

I actually don't think most of the Scottish referees are "cheats". I just think they are highly incompetent including Collum, the guy gives horrible decisions for fun. Last weeks play off with Inverness and Arbroath is a good example.

Clancy is a rotten cheating bastard to the very core.

Games like Aberdeen away this season where Brown spent the whole game blocking and fouling to break any momentum we had then Kent getting sent off would not be affected by VAR as these types don't get reviewed, would be business as usual for these cunts.