Welcome to Rangers, Rabbi Matondo!

stevemac

15 minutes ago, G.E.C. said:

My only concern is he does come across as a bit of a throbber, I.e wearing Dortmund tops and some of his antics while on international duty but hopefully this is the right move for him to mature.

We haven’t the right type of manager to reign him in if he hasn’t matured. No harm to Gio but he doesn’t exactly seem like the type to put the foot down 

8 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

Pretty concerning that we've blew 5.7million of our 3million budget. 

Lucky for us the club insisted on a £2.7M release clause on Morelos so we should be able to cover it.

I more worried about fixture congestion with all these testimonials we're going to have to play.

18 minutes ago, Darth Bear said:

Lucky for us the club insisted on a £2.7M release clause on Morelos so we should be able to cover it.

I more worried about fixture congestion with all these testimonials we're going to have to play.

Crocked players got to top up the millions somehow 

3 hours ago, Darth Bear said:

I'm not so sure. The Dutch do tend to be laid back but on the other hand they are a pretty disciplined people. He will expect a professional attitude at all times and I don't think that he'll be afraid to say so.

He won't rant and rave though.

He blew the league so that’s about all the evidence I need to show he isn’t the type to put the foot down mate 

1 minute ago, Darth Bear said:

That's just being stroppy mate 😅

Not really, think it’s being realistic. The European run saved Gio from immense pressure last season because on more than one occasion domestically he looked like he hadn’t a clue on that touchline and his post match interviews were incredibly nauseating to listen to.

3 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

We should have him and Maeda have a sprint race over 20 metres and have the league title awarded on that basis next season 

It'd be like referendums.

They'd lose but refuse to accept it and demand another one.

Genuinely quite excited with this signing! If we end up playing him and Kent, the two could switch wings when things. Full backs in the SPL are going to hate it! Some really good options we have up top now.

Pedantic Loyal. I wish the club would write new scripts for the players to answer their questions. How many times do we have to hear them say "Massive club - lots of History" in these clips? It's like we're giving some sort of credence to the fenians claims. 

9 hours ago, LegendofCoop said:

Pedantic Loyal. I wish the club would write new scripts for the players to answer their questions. How many times do we have to hear them say "Massive club - lots of History" in these clips? It's like we're giving some sort of credence to the fenians claims. 

But we are a massive club with a brilliant history. 

I don’t get your point, should players not say this because of what they cunts think?

strange reasoning indeed. 

What? :lol:

You realise players that sign for big clubs the world over all say this in their interviews after signing? 

Genuinely quite excited with this signing! If we end up playing him and Kent, the two could switch wings when things. Full backs in the SPL are going to hate it! Some really good options we have up top now.

I think you’re overthinking that big time. 

18 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

We haven’t the right type of manager to reign him in if he hasn’t matured. No harm to Gio but he doesn’t exactly seem like the type to put the foot down 

Gio has shown previously at Feyenoord that he can lay down the law where required.  I'm sure he dealt with disciplinary issues very ruthlessly. 

5 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

Nothing really to suggest he turned them down

Maybe... but I prefer to believe they approached him and he told them no thanks!  Then he signs for us and puts WATP on his profile just to drive home how he prefers us!

7 minutes ago, shaka said:

Gio has shown previously at Feyenoord that he can lay down the law where required.  I'm sure he dealt with disciplinary issues very ruthlessly. 

Haven’t heard anything about it tbh but personally from what I have seen so far I don’t think he has any ability to put the foot down.

I’m nowhere close to convinced about Gio as a coach still.