*****The Official Union Saint-Gilloise v Rangers Match Thread*****

G.E.C.

3 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Meh, not fussed about Kent missing it. When he’s in form he is brilliant for us but I haven’t been impressed by him in quite awhile 

Wether on form or not he's been quite an important outlet for us away from home in Europe. I don't think it's good for us if he's out.

6 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Meh, not fussed about Kent missing it. When he’s in form he is brilliant for us but I haven’t been impressed by him in quite awhile 

He’s so overrated by some of our support it’s unreal. Plenty of effort but nowhere near the required quality, at least consistently anyway. He did improve in terms of his assists second half of last season tbf, I’ll credit him there. 

13 minutes ago, Flatcap said:

So you weren't impressed with the run to Seville then?

I was impressed with the whole squad in that run, I don’t think he offers enough on any kind of consistent basis. I think he gets away with murder in regards the support. 

I like Kent but he more often than not spends entire games running into his man and not producing anything in way of goals or assists. 

8 minutes ago, SPWF said:

He’s so overrated by some of our support it’s unreal. Plenty of effort but nowhere near the required quality, at least consistently anyway. He did improve in terms of his assists second half of last season tbf, I’ll credit him there. 

Aye, I like Kent but he is idolised within the support and very rarely seems to receive the kind of flak the rest of the squad finds themselves getting 

18 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

He absolutely tears good defenders apart, like Dortmund and Leipzig games, but then tries to beat a Kirk Broadfoot type 3 times domestically and fails.

Great player but frustrating.

Just now, GetToTheChoppa said:

He absolutely tears good defenders apart, like Dortmund and Leipzig games, but then tries to beat a Kirk Broadfoot type 3 times domestically and fails.

Great player but frustrating.

I agree. Keep saying it but I do like Kent, I just think he is quite overrated most of the time 

12 minutes ago, SPWF said:

Same people that spent last season telling you stats don’t matter because his goal return is pathetic will now tell you you’re wrong because he got an assist on Saturday :lol: 

McLaughlin

Tav  Goldson   Davies   Yilmaz

Kamara    Lundstram

Tillman

Matondo      Colak    Lawrence

Thoughts? Wouldn’t be surprised if McGregor gets the European games and Sands in for Souttar if Davies isn’t ready to play 90 just yet. 

8 minutes ago, GetToTheChoppa said:

Posting this. Why not eh. The pick out from Barasic is top class too.

I’m thinking most people who underrate Kent have never actually competitively kicked a ball.

I reckon his numbers will go up this season as we now have others who will create and stretch teams a whole lot more than we did in previous seasons.

8 minutes ago, CR3 said:

McLaughlin

Tav  Goldson   Davies   Yilmaz

Kamara    Lundstram

Tillman

Matondo      Colak    Lawrence

Thoughts? Wouldn’t be surprised if McGregor gets the European games and Sands in for Souttar if Davies isn’t ready to play 90 just yet. 

No chance Yilmaz. 

Kent is a blow 

Hopefully Matondo is fit to start the game.

A 3 of Lawrence Tillman Matondo? 

Makes sense to me but it almost feels unrealistic that Wright doesn't start tomorrow but it all depends on how trusted the new boys are already. I think Wright will end up starting with Matondo coming off the bench. 

Just now, GetToTheChoppa said:

No chance Yilmaz. 

Probably if everyone needs drip-fed into a team building up minutes with sports science. Think this is more likely whereas the one I posted is what we want soon. 

McGregor 

Tav  Goldson  Sands  Barisic 

Kamara    Lundstram

Tillman

Matondo     Colak     Lawrence

27 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Same people that spent last season telling you stats don’t matter because his goal return is pathetic will now tell you you’re wrong because he got an assist on Saturday :lol: 

He gets away with murder because he tries hard. Effort trumps ability for the average punter in Scottish football.