*****The Official Union Saint-Gilloise v Rangers Match Thread*****

G.E.C.

7 minutes ago, CR3 said:

Probably if everyone needs drip-fed into a team building up minutes with sports science. Think this is more likely whereas the one I posted is what we want soon. 

McGregor 

Tav  Goldson  Sands  Barisic 

Kamara    Lundstram

Tillman

Matondo     Colak     Lawrence

Tbh,theres more a chance of Yilmaz now theres no Kent. If Kent plays we're all over the Goldson cross pass. Now hes out that might not be the option. From what I read Yilmaz has a pretty much full pre season.

Be interesting to see the line up.

Anyways fuck it. Back in the Champions League 👍🍺

Kent missing is a big blow, generally his best performances are in Europe but this is the point of having a squad depth.

Take any win.

McLaughlin

Tav Goldson Souttar Barisic

Jack Lundstram

Kamara

Wright Colak Lawrence

Would prefer to see a more attacking midfield but due to early in season and being away think GvB will go with trusted players.

38 minutes ago, SPWF said:

He gets away with murder because he tries hard. Effort trumps ability for the average punter in Scottish football. 

Imagine trying to slag the guy that tore Dortmund apart for not having ability.

Ryan Kent (along with Alfie & Tav) has more natural ability than anyone else in our squad.

No Kent is a convenient excuse for those who love that kind of thing. I'd rather see it as a positive with a chance for one of the new boys to get an opportunity. I see the usual idiots are championing Wright for a start, preposterous suggestion. Wright shouldn't even have been allowed to travel if truth be told. Tillman and Sands both earned their start at weekend and with Borna being such a liability too, Yilmaz should make his debut from the start. Perhaps with non anti-Rangers officiating tmrw Colak may score a goal which will stand.

Buzzing for the game in any case against a side who drew with some very good sides pre season and pummelled Feyenoord 4-0 away from home too. They can clearly play and can clearly score goals so a good test awaits. 2 main concerns are Gios line up and his record in away European matches, bar one amazing night in Germany, it's very very poor. 

My team- McLaughlin Tav Goldson Sands Yilmaz Lundstram Jack Lawrence Matondo Tillman Colak 

What i think Gio will go with - McGregor Tav Goldson Souttar Barisic Jack Lundstram Kamara Lawrence Wright Colak

Time will tell. Mon the Apple and Pears:rangers:

10 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Souttar not in the squad either.

Souttar wasn't great at the weekend. If he made a howler in this that cost us, he'd struggle to come back from it. Correct descision to leave him out. 

In time he might go on to be a great player for us, but needs time to settle in.