*****The Official Union Saint-Gilloise v Rangers Match Thread*****

G.E.C.

14 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

I genuinely can't get my head around how we still have Tav.

Guy is fucking outstanding and has been for years. 

2 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

I think he loves us more than we love him and he’s happy with family life here in Scotland. 
I’m also 100% sure he’s absolutely committed to our club and sees this as more than a job.  

fantastic football player with a character to match. 
legend. 

So happy for him that he's genuinely and irrefutably reached the level befitting a Rangers captain. What a player.

When tav scored that free kick against hibs in the ramsdens (Challenge Cup) game at easter road, i knew we had a special player, his partnership with candeias was a joy to watch but when candeias left then so did tavs attacking style, it took a while to find his form and boy did he find it all right, he became the captain of the club and joined a long list of legends who wore that armband and his goals helping us getting to a major european final.

tav is my fav Rangers player and i'd give anything to see him standing at ibrox with the champions league anthem belting out

2 minutes ago, Kents_Hook said:

When tav scored that free kick against hibs in the ramsdens (Challenge Cup) game at easter road, i knew we had a special player, his partnership with candeias was a joy to watch but when candeias left then so did tavs attacking style, it took a while to find his form and boy did he find it all right, he became the captain of the club and joined a long list of legends who wore that armband and his goals helping us getting to a major european final.

tav is my fav Rangers player and i'd give anything to see him standing at ibrox with the champions league anthem belting out

I love Tav and hope he finishes his career here but being honest I thought bar the Championship season he was bang average up until Gerrard came.

RIght all things conisdered with Kent missing and it being an away game in Europe think the team will be;

McLaughlin; Tav, Goldson, Sands, Barasic; Jack, Lundstram, Kamara; Matondo, Colak, Lawrence. 

Think it could also be Matondo out left and Tillman in out right, which I think would work as I'd imagine he'd drift in a lot and leave plenty of space for Tav to attack.

2 hours ago, The Godfather said:

If he did he wouldn't still be with us.

He's more than made up for the fee paid for him given what we have achieved since he signed.

A handful of goals, one league and one cup isn’t enough for £7m for me. 

3 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Always find it strange judging individual players on team accolades.

Harry Kane must be pish.

What’s Harry Kane got to do with Ryan Kent? 

Kent has such a weird hold over our support. It’s as if he should be immune from criticism because he tries hard. It’s completely reasonable to be critical of his output in terms of on the pitch numbers and trophies won. 

54 minutes ago, SPWF said:

Kent has such a weird hold over our support. It’s as if he should be immune from criticism because he tries hard. It’s completely reasonable to be critical of his output in terms of on the pitch numbers and trophies won. 

His output is fair but trophies won seems a bit ridiculous.  Unless you’re pinning all of our domestic cup, European and last year’s league losses on him

1 hour ago, SPWF said:

It's to show how silly it is to judge individual players on team trophies which you're doing. By your reckoning Kent hasn't won enough trophies so is shite. Harry Kane hasn't won a single trophy therefore must be shite 

Regarding Kent being immune from criticism, I take it you've never been on a match thread here?

1 hour ago, Blue72 said:

His output is fair but trophies won seems a bit ridiculous.  Unless you’re pinning all of our domestic cup, European and last year’s league losses on him

I’m not pinning them on him exclusively, but he’s played in his part in some horrific collapses over the years. 

57 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

It's to show how silly it is to judge individual players on team trophies which you're doing. By your reckoning Kent hasn't won enough trophies so is shite. Harry Kane hasn't won a single trophy therefore must be shite 

Regarding Kent being immune from criticism, I take it you've never been on a match thread here?

Harry Kane scores about 30 goals a season. :lol: Kent scored 2 last season. 

5 hours ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Always find it strange judging individual players on team accolades.

Harry Kane must be pish.

A European final conveniently forgotten about too.

Anyone out there who thinks that Kent wasn't worth 7 million (we could sell him for more tommorrow) should feel free to tell us what player they'd have brought in instead and what further success they'd have brought.....

15 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

A European final conveniently forgotten about too.

Anyone out there who thinks that Kent wasn't worth 7 million (we could sell him for more tommorrow) should feel free to tell us what player they'd have brought in instead and what further success they'd have brought.....

Why haven't we, or aren't we then? Not a single offer rejected. With his contract is up in 10 months, and him so far refusing to sign a new one, we ain't getting more than £7m for him. 

3 hours ago, SPWF said:

Harry Kane scores about 30 goals a season. :lol: Kent scored 2 last season. 

He has never won a major trophy though. Has been with Hotspur since 2009. Wonder how many games he contributed to them losing. 

Going by your logic Kane has contributed to 13 years of his team failing. :lol: 

I think we could sell Kent for 7 million easily, and he has already paid that back with his contributions in Europe. Even you must be able to see that. 

But feel free to double down again. It's fun to read.....

8 minutes ago, Rangers Da 1872 said:

Why haven't we, or aren't we then? Not a single offer rejected. With his contract is up in 10 months, and him so far refusing to sign a new one, we ain't getting more than £7m for him. 

His release clause might be 10 million. 

Stop passing your guesses off as facts. Making yourself look silly again.

I don't want him to leave anyhow. More than happy for Kent to stay. He seems happy with us and can be developed into an even better player. 

Sorry if that's too positive for your liking.

1 hour ago, Rangers Da 1872 said:

Of course we would ffs