The VAR decision against us

RangersMedia

Just now, psb07158 said:

…was just wrong, per UEFA’s own rules:

Two referees have looked at that and given the penalty, the club should be shouting from the rooftops about this as it’s a goal that could be the decider in the tie. 

Was literally coming to post this right now.  Dundee Utd last season we were all told thei first penalty wasn’t a penalty because it deflected off his hand.   Exact same situation. 

1 minute ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Yes it was a terrible decision. Hope people don't use that as an excuse but. They shoulda hit 4 or 5. Agree though that this should be highlighted.

1 minute ago, RobertN said:

Was a complete bullshit decision but not why we lost tonight

Not disputing that at all lads but ultimately that mob missed their other chances and got a gift from the referee that is literally against the rules of football. 

At 1-0 it’s a bad night at the office but can be salvaged, at 2-0 it’s basically done IMO. 

1 minute ago, GOAT said:

Was literally coming to post this right now.  Dundee Utd last season we were all told thei first penalty wasn’t a penalty because it deflected off his hand.   Exact same situation. 

Yep, there is literally a UEFA exception for when the ball comes off your team-mate and you’ve already stuck your hand out - a disgrace two refs looked at it and gave it I don’t think they knew the rules tbh

1 minute ago, psb07158 said:

Not disputing that at all lads but ultimately that mob missed their other chances and got a gift from the referee that is literally against the rules of football. 

At 1-0 it’s a bad night at the office but can be salvaged, at 2-0 it’s basically done IMO. 

Yep, there is literally a UEFA exception for when the ball comes off your team-mate and you’ve already stuck your hand out - a disgrace two refs looked at it and gave it I don’t think they knew the rules tbh

Nah I agree man. It's an awful decision. From a referee making decisions at the highest level of football it's absurd. Not just the ref but the var guys too. Whilst he's checking that someone can literally Google the rules and come to the conclusion that it's not a penalty.

1 minute ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Nah I agree man. It's an awful decision. From a referee making decisions at the highest level of football it's absurd. Not just the ref but the var guys too. Whilst he's checking that someone can literally Google the rules and come to the conclusion that it's not a penalty.

The ref defos saw the handball and said it was not a penalty, so VAR have then told him they think it is and to check it, I’m assuming the reason it took him so long to award it was he was clarifying the rule with them and they’ve just all fucked it up

Still lying here stunned that it was given. The ball cannons off a defender, ball travels away from the direction of the goal and hits the hand of a defender that’s standing 2 yards away. How can that possibly be a penalty? Can only assume the ref had 2-0 on his coupon and saw the decision as an open goal.

We can highlight the decision but I fear the damage has already been done.

1 minute ago, psb07158 said:

The ref defos saw the handball and said it was not a penalty, so VAR have then told him they think it is and to check it, I’m assuming the reason it took him so long to award it was he was clarifying the rule with them and they’ve just all fucked it up

its got to the point where the rule is so fucked it's more of the referees (or teams) ability to understand the rule, rather than if the action broke the rule. I understand the need for the rule to be more definitive with the referees actually seeing it on slow mo, rather than in real time, where ambiguity can be easier blamed on human error, but surely it needs to be simpler. and if that wasnt the case tonight, it's cheating.

21 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

…was just wrong, per UEFA’s own rules:

Two referees have looked at that and given the penalty, the club should be shouting from the rooftops about this as it’s a goal that could be the decider in the tie. 

If you can Google that rule in 2 minutes why can’t the officials? Shocking decision that may well cost us the tie.

The penalty is absolutely the wrong decision but a part of me can kind of understand it being given. Each ref seems to have their own understanding of the handball laws and Goldson’s arm is raised and outside the “natural silhouette”. 

How he gets a booking absolutely blows my mind though. Has the ref watched that and deemed it deliberate!? 

1 minute ago, LaaRFC said:

The penalty is absolutely the wrong decision but a part of me can kind of understand it being given. Each ref seems to have their own understanding of the handball laws and Goldson’s arm is raised and outside the “natural silhouette”. 

How he gets a booking absolutely blows my mind though. Has the ref watched that and deemed it deliberate!? 

We would all be looking for a penalty if it was for us.

3 minutes ago, LaaRFC said:

I think these days a handball + penalty = yellow card 

1 minute ago, sassaaaa said:

We would all be looking for a penalty if it was for us.

No chance man, the ball has smashed off another player from a yard 🤣🤣🤣

Just now, sassaaaa said:

When you seen his hand raised it was a stick on it was going to be given , If it was for us I would have been looking for it.

Would be delighted to get something like that against the tarriers or hibs or something, probably a bit embarrassed to get it against anyone else.