*****The Official Rangers v Union Saint-Gilloise Thread*****

G.E.C.

I hate to say it, but I can't see us winning this tie. I do expect us to win the game but think it'll be a close 2-1 win.Ā 

We need them to have an off night and for us to play a high tempo for 90 minutes. From what I've seen of us this season, we're not up to speed yet. We're still a few games away from being the team we were last season.Ā 

Hope I'm coming back here at 10pm Tuesday and giving myself a roasting!Ā 

4 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

I didnā€™t say that. I think itā€™s embarrassing we always call on the crowd before the games, which we do. If players canā€™t grasp the magnitude of games without ā€œa 12th manā€ then fuck me.

Clear evidence you don't know the words to our songs imo. Poor.

4 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

I didnā€™t say that. I think itā€™s embarrassing we always call on the crowd before the games, which we do. If players canā€™t grasp the magnitude of games without ā€œa 12th manā€ then fuck me.

I agree to an extent mate....some of our players do seem to sleep walk through games. However, I think it's more to do with scaring the shit out the opposition. We've all seen it happen!

1 hour ago, The Archer said:

I dont think Alfie would last 30 mins in this game due to the work he would have to put in. Start Colak and then Alfie on at 60.Who do we play at LB? McGregor got to be in goals.Lawrence over Kent for me,dosent give the ball away as much.Big John in the middle with Davo

Why?

4 hours ago, shotstopper said:

According to BBC website they rested 7 players.

Ah the good old reliable BBC.

They made 3 changes to their team and one of the changes they made Sykes had to come on,Ā  they did take players off but it was after they were 3 down so they weren't rested.

11 hours ago, shotstopper said:

According to BBC website they rested 7 players.

I compared both starting 11s and there were only 3 changes. I did this as I quoted the BBC figure to a fellow fan on facebook and had to go back and apologise to him.Ā 

17 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

Wright ahead of Matondo?

Am I missing him being injured or something?

A one legged Matondo starts ahead of Wright

He was pish in the 1st leg. Wright on and running himself into the ground then Matondo on for the last 30 is what I'd do

If we score early I really hope we donā€™t sit back and let them catch a breath, weā€™ve been slightly guilty of that previously.Ā 
Ā 

Iā€™m all for game management but we need 2 to level the tie. We canā€™t let them settle at all in the first 20-25 minutes and hopefully weā€™re at least a goal up by then.Ā 
Ā 

If I was a player Iā€™d be desperate to get on that park tomorrow and show why just 11 weeks ago we were in a major European final and not on the verge of being dumped out of a qualifier by this team.Ā 

31 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

Wright ahead of Matondo?

Am I missing him being injured or something?

A one legged Matondo starts ahead of Wright

Matondo was useless in the first leg. I like him but heā€™s too raw and inexperienced to start this occasion.

Nothing wrong with Wright, as Iā€™ve argued a lot already. In an ideal world he is used only as a player coming off the bench, but unfortunately our other options for the right currently are either completely shite or just not up to speed yetĀ