*****The Official Rangers v Union Saint-Gilloise Thread*****

G.E.C.

26 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Canny believe people want McGregor back in goals, or Wright starting. People can say Matondo was chronic last week, which is true, but Wright was chronic on Saturday and that 3v1 was embarrassing

Can understand it for European games with McGregor. He's like a different animal in Europe compared to domestically. 

Keeper is a position we badly need to improve on if we do make it to the Champions league. 

1 hour ago, ayrshireranger said:

Do we start Kent and Alfredo, to try and get early goals, and replace them when they puff out after 60-70m, or do we use them as late subs if we are 1-0 up or even 2-0 and trying to kill the tie from ET?. I genuinely cannot decide. 

Best team starts. If both fit enough to play, both start.

2 hours ago, King Jela said:

I'd honestly rather bring in another centre back than have to rely on Sands or Souttar for any considerable amount of time. Don't think Sands has been impressive at the back at all. 

Never really an option & tbh none of the team have been impressive so far this season

Could make an arguement for King playing in the league maybe but out of Davies/Sands & Souttar, it should be Sands at the moment considering Souttar is injured apparently & Davies is clearly unfit 

3 hours ago, Valance1690 said:

We actually setup so any Killie goal kick that was sent over towards Yilmaz was dealt with by Sands & considering the height of some of they lumps, he done brilliant protecting him.

Davies or even Souttar might end up playing more this season but right now Sands should be alongside Goldson

Yip. I watched on RTV and Gough (who clearly knows a thing or two about being a centre-half) actually mentioned how impressed he was with Sands for his ability in the air despite not being the tallest. 

2 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

Probably for another thread, but just back from Portugal and they have Portuguese football on constantly.

Compare that to here, where you’ve got one of the OF playing an away league game once a week

Aye and even the scum game up at Ross County wasn't televised this weekend which I found strange. I know the Edinburgh derby was on but still found it strange that they cunts weren't televised and actually kicked off at 3.

Edit - Just read the reply below your post. Still strange that Sky didn't pick it up. 

We look a shadow of the team that went to dortmund and pressed them. Unfortunately I can't see us going through as I think we'll still concede but I think we'll win. I think we'll come good eventually, but like last season these early rounds we just don't seem ready or prepared. 

26 minutes ago, Ross-Gazza genius said:

We look a shadow of the team that went to dortmund and pressed them. Unfortunately I can't see us going through as I think we'll still concede but I think we'll win. I think we'll come good eventually, but like last season these early rounds we just don't seem ready or prepared. 

I think that's been the worst part about us this seat. Our pressing game is non existent.