*****The Official Rangers v Union Saint-Gilloise Thread*****

G.E.C.

5 hours ago, bobbyrussell said:

We need to get a goal in the first 10 mins and I'm sure we'll get another one and take it to extra time...I'm not too confident hope I'm very very wrong

An early goal would be great but we really need to up our performance tomorrow night.  I think we will win but not sure if it will be by a big enough margin.  If my memory is correct then I don't believe we have ever come back from 2 goals down in the away leg of any European tie.

24 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

An early goal would be great but we really need to up our performance tomorrow night.  I think we will win but not sure if it will be by a big enough margin.  If my memory is correct then I don't believe we have ever come back from 2 goals down in the away leg of any European tie.

First time for everything :thumbsup:

48 minutes ago, MARK92GERS said:

Might be in the minority but Alfredo would be nowhere near my starting selection he looked so unfit at the weekend he’s not ready for a game of this magnitude yet I reckon he’s weeks off any decent level of match fitness 

Yep, Morelos and Kent on the bench for me.

Play narrow (when did we last win a header from our 57 crosses each game?) allowing the width to come from Tavernier and Yilmaz with orders to cut back not wasted punts into the box.

Dont want Lundstram sucked into doing Goldson’s job so, if he plays, he’s in front of Davis alongside Kamara.

Lawrence and Tillman supporting Colak as old fashioned inside forwards, not makeshift wingers.

Dominate the midfield and earn the right to play.

Almost a 4-1-2-2-1 formation 

10 minutes ago, Vanoli said:

Actually growing in confidence that we’ll do this. That lot were bang average, we were just absolutely honking. No way we perform to that level at home. Think we’ll go through in extra time.

Aye, this is what I think. 3-1 in normal time and we will beat them in ET.

9 August and already a massive game ahead of us at Ibrox.

I hope our players understand how important it is to go through for our club and our season. First step to reach CL stages, come on lads you can do it.

🇬🇧