*****The Official Rangers v Union Saint-Gilloise Thread*****

G.E.C.

4 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Need to agree to disagree. Every bit an Aberdeen level player for me.

Id play Matondo, or if Kent is back have Lawrence or him wide right. 

If Kent is available then I agree with having a frontline of,

Lawrence Tillman Kent

Morelos

Alfie won’t be fully up to speed yet but I would start him and take him off later in the game instead of the other way around. We need early goals 

5 minutes ago, ready1873 said:

He was tragic yesterday. Likeable guy and a trier but he is severely limited as a player. 

Disagree. 

I by no means think he’s brilliant or should be a permanent starter for us but I think there’s a lot of nonsense said about him a lot of the time

10 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Disagree. 

I by no means think he’s brilliant or should be a permanent starter for us but I think there’s a lot of nonsense said about him a lot of the time

Agree, last week at Livingston he was unlucky to be subbed at HT, this week he had a decent effort 1st half, should have picked a better option on the 3 v 1 chance but Tillman or Lawrence do the same thing it’s unlucky.

I would have got shot of him at January last year but he has stuck at and scored / assisted towards the end of the season.

Ideally he shouldn’t start but no issue with his contribution as a squad player.

10 hours ago, geneva_ger said:

I agree but I'd rather we were 2-2 by then, and getting Goldson to release the ball quicker is a must. The amount of dithering he did today almost cost us. 

Does my nut in and it's even worse when he passes to the opposition or gets disposessed after his dithering.

7 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

An early goal and it's game on. Must start fast and play the ball forward at every opportunity. Possession and playing sideways/back will not get a 3 goal victory. 

We NEED 2 goals more than them in 90 mins. 

We don't need a 3 goal victory.

Mcgregor

Tavernier Goldson Davies Yilmaz 

Davis

Lundstram       

Tillman 

Wright                Kent/Lawrence

Corlak

Always like Mcgregor in for European ties. We don't need 3 Cb's playing against USG no disrespect. Keep Davis Lundstram Tillman in  midfield,that's where we lost the first leg. Wright a head of Matondo I think.

And Kent if fit starts but if not Lawrence in LWF.

Wouldn't start with Alfie until 60 mins Colak I hope has got confidence from his first goal against Killie.

Quietly confident 3-0 in Extra time win to us.  🇬🇧🇬🇧

27 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

Ultimately we do need a 3 goal victory whether that takes extra time or not. Don't want the lottery of penalties.

Yea, just seeing folk saying we need a 3 goal victory. Right now I'd take a 2 nil win in 90 mins. A goal each half is well within our capabilities.

6 hours ago, ayro said:

McLaughlin

Tav Goldson Sands Yilmaz

Lundstram Jack

Lawrence Tillman Kent

Colak

Think this could be a long night and could go all the way to penalties, hopefully we can nick it by the odd goal.

Couldn't take another penalty shoot out. 🤞 we do them in 90mins. 

48 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

The fact we always rely on the crowd is somewhat embarrassing 

The crowd helps, but you can’t look at last seasons performances in Europe and say we’ve relied on the crowd. That’s utter nonsense. 

10 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

The crowd helps, but you can’t look at last seasons performances in Europe and say we’ve relied on the crowd. That’s utter nonsense. 

I didn’t say that. I think it’s embarrassing we always call on the crowd before the games, which we do. If players can’t grasp the magnitude of games without “a 12th man” then fuck me.

30 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

I didn’t say that. I think it’s embarrassing we always call on the crowd before the games, which we do. If players can’t grasp the magnitude of games without “a 12th man” then fuck me.

You said it’s embarrassing we rely on the crowd. Not sure how that can be interpreted any other way.

I view it as we’re all in it together (players and fans) and we all need to do our bit, rather than them and us.

16 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

You said it’s embarrassing we rely on the crowd. Not sure how that can be interpreted any other way.

I view it as we’re all in it together (players and fans) and we all need to do our bit, rather than them and us.

You’re a very serious man