*****The Official Rangers v Union Saint-Gilloise Thread*****

G.E.C.

43 minutes ago, ronniescu said:

He failed to wn any balls in the air on Saturd

We actually setup so any Killie goal kick that was sent over towards Yilmaz was dealt with by Sands & considering the height of some of they lumps, he done brilliant protecting him.

Davies or even Souttar might end up playing more this season but right now Sands should be alongside Goldson

24 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

We actually setup so any Killie goal kick that was sent over towards Yilmaz was dealt with by Sands & considering the height of some of they lumps, he done brilliant protecting him.

Davies or even Souttar might end up playing more this season but right now Sands should be alongside Goldson

I'd honestly rather bring in another centre back than have to rely on Sands or Souttar for any considerable amount of time. Don't think Sands has been impressive at the back at all. 

1 minute ago, King Jela said:

I'd honestly rather bring in another centre back than have to rely on Sands or Souttar for any considerable amount of time. Don't think Sands has been impressive at the back at all. 

Davies tomorrow night, and I like Sands. CL is why we brought players like Davies in after all. 

11 minutes ago, bobbyrussell said:

We need to get a goal in the first 10 mins and I'm sure we'll get another one and take it to extra time...I'm not too confident hope I'm very very wrong

10 minutes seems a bit drastic ... I would gladly take 1-0 at half 

4 minutes ago, falkirkNS said:

Just Rangers tv tommorow for this.

Only country in europe where no brodcaster is intrested in a CL tie 

2 minutes ago, Roy Hobbs said:

It's a home game. The club will likely make more money broadcasting it, than selling it.

Probably for another thread, but just back from Portugal and they have Portuguese football on constantly.

Compare that to here, where you’ve got one of the OF playing an away league game once a week. 

5 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Probably for another thread, but just back from Portugal and they have Portuguese football on constantly.

Compare that to here, where you’ve got one of the OF playing an away league game once a week. 

Read an interesting thread on this the other day:

9 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Canny believe people want McGregor back in goals, or Wright starting. People can say Matondo was chronic last week, which is true, but Wright was chronic on Saturday and that 3v1 was embarrassing

Not that weird that people want McGregor back in goals. McLaughlin has looked dodgy on at least one occasion in every game so far 

1 minute ago, ForeverAndEver said:

It is weird after his showings last season.

I’ve just explained why it isn’t weird. I wanted McGregor replaced and I still do, but I didn’t want the replacement to be our second choice keeper. 

McLaughlin isn’t better than McGregor even at this stage of McGregors career where he should be retired.

Literally the only argument anyone seems to have for playing McLaughlin ahead of McGregor is that he comes off his line, which was a fucking disaster against Livi by all accounts.

5 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

I’ve just explained why it isn’t weird. I wanted McGregor replaced and I still do, but I didn’t want the replacement to be our second choice keeper. 

McLaughlin isn’t better than McGregor even at this stage of McGregors career where he should be retired.

Literally the only argument anyone seems to have for playing McLaughlin ahead of McGregor is that he comes off his line, which was a fucking disaster against Livi by all accounts.

McLaughlin hasn’t had an issue with coming for crosses at all. And his distribution is miles better than McGregor’s.

McGregor is a far superior shot stopper (although that’s getting worse too IMO), although in the CL qualifier McLaughlin had some good stops. 

Don’t think either are good. Should have had a new no 1 in the door. I’d stick with McLaughlin at the moment. 

Just now, graeme_4 said:

McLaughlin hasn’t had an issue with coming for crosses at all. And his distribution is miles better than McGregor’s.

McGregor is a far superior shot stopper (although that’s getting worse too IMO), although in the CL qualifier McLaughlin had some good stops. 

Should have had a new no 1 in the door. 

Aye it’s pointless debating this because I don’t want either of them as our number one. I genuinely thought it was one of the first positions we would address this transfer window, but silly me 

4 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

I’d rather McLaughlin was second choice as well, but he’s still miles better than McGregor now. I’d have McCrorie given a chance ahead of them both now