*****The Official Rangers v PSV Eindhoven Thread*****

G.E.C.

1 minute ago, CD7 said:

We’ve been brilliant tonight bar the set pieces, really should’ve one that. Still think Shagger would save both those headers. Matondo and Morelos not coming on is one of the weirdest things I’ve ever fucking seen as well. PSV are a good team with some quality players, this shows where we are at this level I think. We’ve got some star players in that team, genuinely think a 2 up top of Morelos and Colak would be fucking unreal. Scott Wright is never a Rangers player. 

We probably concede two from Shagger not coming off his line which McLaughlin did well. So it’s a bit of a moot point 

Just now, cascadeshrimp said:

PSV will be more open when they are home

It could suit us perfectly

That was a good game tonight between 2 good sides

Seem prone to some bad challenges when split open a bit too, could easily break up the park and they're down to 10.

Fair result.

We played pretty meh. No real standouts.

We have a gear or 2 to go up.

Massive issue with height.

Still have only Goldson in there. Think its fucking criminal it's not been addressed. Miss Alfie in and area the box to attack the ball.

All to play for.

1 minute ago, delparlane said:

They cut us open at least twice - we were only saved by poor finishing from them

i was just trying to say the manner of the goals we actually conceded is very frustrating.  If you concede from some brilliant play fair enough but we conceded from 2 balls swung into our box.

Its a fair result. We lost the momentum the 2nd half and we also lost the midfield battle. What frustrated the fuck out of me is that Goldson was clueless for both their goals(although not the only one) and also played onside their striker and has McLaughlin to thank for not being 2-3. Borna is my MOTM to be honest, as Kent barely came back to help him out. We need to defend much better and a huge performance is going to be needed next week to get that CL money. We can do it, but it wont be easy. Its a pity, i was hoping we keep pressing for 3rd, but we barely had chances in the 2nd half. Id take a draw. Hopefully next week we put Kent and Matondo on the counter and put Jack next to Lundstram. I had hopes for Wright time and time again, but it seems that he is just going to be a squad player with sparks here and there, but not much more. 

We are still in this tie, absolutely no mistake about that. Why we didn't have a higher tempo in teh 2nd I'll never know. 

All ifs butts & maybes, but too much farting about at the back. Giving them too much respect. Not bringing Alfie on for last 15. Whole game (including the crowd) fell flat 2nd half. 

If that was PSV at their best then we can do it, no doubts at all. They will be as nervous as us, as I think they wanted this tie dead tonight. We've nothing to lose now, the expectation is all on them. 

Bit more belief in ourselves and we will do this!

2 minutes ago, RockwellGers said:

What does everyone think of Wright? Seems like most are on the fence 

I like how he gets the ball into feet and then turns and runs at the opposition. But I can’t stand it when it’s the 92nd minute and you have a chance to whip in a dangersous cross and he goes to square the ball along the box and we lose possession 🤦🏼‍♂️.

1 minute ago, RDB14 said:

They never cut us open for either of their goals is what I clearly meant.

Clearly meant? :lol: You just said they never cut us upen, which they did. Their two goals were from corners when we have most of our players in the box, so it kinda explains itself.

2 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Kamara's confidence is shattered. Substitutes are supposed to impose themselves in the game. He was quiet.

Was a poor choice of pass by Wright at the end, but Kamara really didn’t help him out at all - totally unprepared to receive it & should have done better.

Just now, kelvd1873 said:

I like how he gets the ball into feet and then turns and runs at the opposition. But I can’t stand it when it’s the 92nd minute and you have a chance to whip in a dangersous cross and he goes to square the ball along the box and we lose possession 🤦🏼‍♂️.

I defend him on here but he was shite tonight