Katic

RFC55

1 hour ago, falkirkNS said:

Defensiveky in the air, our best defender, defendingvand attacking set pieces.

Playing with the baw at his feet is why hes away, his let down.

I know Gorbachev’s gone, but this is a bit OTT. Bad enough that @born a blue nose heard Peristroika on the news this morning and thought we were buying two forwards.

33 minutes ago, Trooblue said:

Unlike Goldson, he could actually win headers in both boxes, and send them in the right direction.

Seen this floating about a lot. Winning aerial duals is no use when you constantly lose your runner at defensive set pieces.

Some good memories for a squad player but best for all parties that he’s moved on.

9 minutes ago, Shetland Bear said:

Seen this floating about a lot. Winning aerial duals is no use when you constantly lose your runner at defensive set pieces.

Some good memories for a squad player but best for all parties that he’s moved on.

Can't we have both in a quality central defender though? Goldson is a liability at set-pieces ...

22 minutes ago, Shetland Bear said:

I wouldn't say Goldson excels at tracking runners though ...

Good luck to the lad. I liked the passion and the attitude he showed.

He probably wasn't quite good enough for us though, and he needs to be playing more games at his age. Hope he kicks on and shows that he is a decent enough player. One of the guys who doesn't deserve the stick he is getting. 

15 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

He is below youth players in the pecking order, he’s just not very good 

I don’t think he did too bad, wore his heart on his sleeve, was a threat from corners, something we lack majorly. 
I would have kept Balogun over Katic but letting both go leaves us with an obvious weakness in our back line