Jon McLaughlin

DiamondDan

2 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

Never understand that shite, expecting to concede one and a half goals :lol:

If we score one and three quarters goals, do we win? :rofl:

I can tell you neither McLaughlin nor McGregor will ever get better than they are now.

McCrorie for me from now on and see if he can embrace the opportunity. Might be the making of him.

Aww the stats are absolute pish but they get thrown towards others often enough :lol:

Agree with giving McCrorie a bash, why not at this point, if not then it has to be McGregor, he's got a mistake in him as we've seen but that from McLaughlin today is the worst I've ever seen a Rangers keeper play 

33 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

The filth’s success was built on getting Hart in. It gives them a confidence. We historically have had the better keeper, not now sadly.

Our best teams have always been built on a great goalie. In the past 40 years, I cant think of a time where I would have preferred Celtics goalie to ours

15 minutes ago, Albertz85 said:

Surely 2012-2018 they had better keepers to steve simonsen etc 🤔

I was only thinking about when we were actually competing for the title in the same league, so that the teams could be compared on a like for like basis - sorry, should have made that clear.

Doubt we'll see him start another game for us, McGregor has to come in against Ajax, we need something to galvanise us, we need a leader, I think Greegs is back in until at least January, that was absolutely awful from McLaughlin today, the defence was shite too but I think McGregor stops at least two probably three of those goals

14 minutes ago, NixonRFC said:

Doubt we'll see him start another game for us, McGregor has to come in against Ajax, we need something to galvanise us, we need a leader, I think Greegs is back in until at least January, that was absolutely awful from McLaughlin today, the defence was shite too but I think McGregor stops at least two probably three of those goals

Spot on mate.

Just now, Albertz85 said:

As much as I hope he does drop mclaughlin after that horror show does anyone else not think GVB will stick with him? I have a feeling he will. It was a bold move to make him his no1 after all.

he will stick with him.  managers do not throw their players under the bus like that even know JM should be relegated after that. he was fucking horrendous.  

7 minutes ago, Madina said:

Imagine thinking a 34 year old journeyman could be the number 1 for the famous. Said on the match thread that Hearts and a league 1 Sunderland were his level

His age isn't the issue, Hart for them is older and good enough

It's the fact he wasn't deemed good enough last season for the Europa League final etc so what's changed this? Either the 34 year old McLaughlin has suddenly became a far better goalkeeper over the last few months (today blew that to pieces) or we just seen him as an easy option

I thought he'd do alright, knew he wasn't good enough but didn't expect his performance today, hands down the worst you've seen from a Rangers keeper over the last 20 year, takes some doing

The goalkeeping situation sums the club up and our recent recruitment. We had an identified target earlier on in the window that we failed to deliver on, panicked and offered McGregor a new deal & have ended up with an English League 1 standard goalkeeper. It’s fucking disgraceful. 

2 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

His age isn't the issue, Hart for them is older and good enough

It's the fact he wasn't deemed good enough last season for the Europa League final etc so what's changed this? Either the 34 year old McLaughlin has suddenly became a far better goalkeeper over the last few months (today blew that to pieces) or we just seen him as an easy option

I thought he'd do alright, knew he wasn't good enough but didn't expect his performance today, hands down the worst you've seen from a Rangers keeper over the last 20 year, takes some doing

Hart has pedigree though, he played for Man City, England etc etc. McLaughlin came to us with a CV highlight of Sunderland when they were laughable. Why we thought at 34 and having been at the heights of Harrogate and Bradford that THIS GUY would be the saviour is beyond me 

3 hours ago, GOAT said:

Took us to a European final but isnae good enough go and take two fucks to yourself mate.  Now wit I need to get off this site for a few hours so admin give me a 24 hour ban

McGregor conceded 3 in the first half against them last year. He cost us all sorts of points last year. We needed a new number 1. It’s not even a debate. It’s a fact. 

23 minutes ago, nik2402 said:

McGregor conceded 3 in the first half against them last year. He cost us all sorts of points last year. We needed a new number 1. It’s not even a debate. It’s a fact. 

Mcgregor is not to blame for that game infact that’s the worst fucking game to even have a go at mcgregor for cos he saved it from being fucking worse.