The positive points in defence

Pure_Quality

31 minutes ago, HuistraHairDo said:

Only positive is we should put the youngsters in for the next 3 CL games and concentrate on winning this league and try again next year. 

It's as if our players look like they know they are out of their depths and don't have the belief to keep the fuckin ball and play like we actually play week in week out instead of booting long balls up the park in hope.

Same in first game away to Ajax 

Barisic and Tav truly awful tonight 

Mostly agree pal but unbelievably we could still make Europa as Ajax only on 3 points and still to come to Ibrox.

46 minutes ago, five stars said:

Our 3 centre backs were decent but it left us woefully short in midfield. 

It may of been better playing 2 and having an extra man in midfield.

Tillman should be nowhere near that game. Jack/Arfield in the midfield instead of him and brink Kent closer to Alfie. Alfie was all alone up there and had no chance at all to do anything, really.

49 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

I think Lundstram needs better around him, looked like the only guy in the middle for long spells. Davis was utterly anonymous.

Better players around him wouldn't have stopped him needlessly giving it away with piss poor passing

Early on the season Tillman was looking like a decent signing, then disaster at Parkhead n hardly seen since (Diallo style), brings him back in at Anfield n plays him wide! Gio team selections are all over the place! 

Nobody can predict or get close to his team selection.

Why throw King in last night? If he is good enough to play at Anfield he should be playing infront of Sands, if he thinks he isn't good enough for that then the back three shoulda been

Goldson Lundstram Davies   

Ano King wasn't the problem last night but Gio selections are baffling.

I think he turns his back n picks numbers like back in school days                                                            

6 minutes ago, Nk89 said:

Early on the season Tillman was looking like a decent signing, then disaster at Parkhead n hardly seen since (Diallo style), brings him back in at Anfield n plays him wide! Gio team selections are all over the place! 

Nobody can predict or get close to his team selection.

Why throw King in last night? If he is good enough to play at Anfield he should be playing infront of Sands, if he thinks he isn't good enough for that then the back three shoulda been

Goldson Lundstram Davies   

Ano King wasn't the problem last night but Gio selections are baffling.

I think he turns his back n picks numbers like back in school days                                                            

Spot on, sands will be back on Saturday ahead of king for no reason at all

picks his team from a lucky bag

I actually like Sands as a player and think he’s a decent centre half, and I would say between him and Goldson, he’s been slightly better this season than Goldson, who has been way too casual and below par for me this season. And that’s also acknowledging the boy has made costly mistakes at times
But to keep him we may have to pay £4 million( I think) in summer. Similar for Tillman (who I also think is more than decent). But with the management team looking increasingly suspect, and plenty of players out of contact as well, we may need to replace management team and half a dozen players in summer. Can we afford £8 million on two loanees?? We may not have that choice money wise and may have to just end their loans. 
So King may be crucial to our team going forward as he’s cheaper, and already acquitted himself well in role and hopefully will continue to improve with games. We may have to look at possibly Mayo as well for the 3rd/4th CH roles. Goldson and Davies would be the first choice obviously. But I’ve no issues with King stepping into the role going forward.
Perhaps Lowry can be similar in Tillman/Arfield position. Cheaper, homegrown and as skillful an option. 

Just feel with size of rebuild in summer, , we won’t replace all the players with new ones so we will have to promote from within. 

15 hours ago, King Jela said:

Agree with that. Thought MxGregor and the 3 centre backs were the only positives from the starting 11. 

Lundstram was the worst he's been in months. 

Lundstram completely lost his head due to how embarrassingly he performed, maybe trying too hard but no excuse for how inept he was .

Does anyone else think we lost our bottle last night because it was Liverpool from the telly? If you look at the results so far against Napoli from us, Liverpool and Ajax you can't really see any need to be too frightened but because of Anfields's giant reputation we went into our shell :ang:

6 hours ago, Ivybank said:

Spot on, sands will be back on Saturday ahead of king for no reason at all

picks his team from a lucky bag

Keep Davies in.  I would like to see Sands play as a defensive midfielder to see how he does in in his other preferred position. We play players out of position Tillman is a midfielder not a winger.

20 hours ago, Davidorrp said:

We are watching a team on its last legs basically. Too many of the first team are past their peak, have regressed or are just phoning in performances. Too many have stayed too long. . Many of them should have been sold/let Go/binned by now. Alfredo, Roofe,  Kent, Arfield, Davis, Kamara, Jack, Borna, Helander, McGregor ( I accept he had a great game tonight) and also for me, Tav and Goldson.

It’s grim reading. Add in a manager who’s style doesn’t suit the players or to be honest Rangers. And it’s a bit of a perfect storm. Technically we seem to have gotten worse, our passing, style and the basics are woeful. Our fitness levels now look poor as well.  We need to clear the decks and start again. But how the fuck we do that I don’t know. Will cost a fortune to replace manager and his staff and the players mentioned above, never mind get a new manager, who can do something with remaining players and probably a tiny budget. 

I don’t expect us to beat Liverpool on their own patch, but do expect us to give them a game. We just seem to have regressed so badly. Actually quite depressed about the season ahead. 

We should have strengthened a bit better in the summer but it takes a special type of supporter to think that punting 75% of our team would have strengthened us! This is not Championship Manager! 

I didn’t say release all in one go. But since 55 we could could have sold Alfredo, Kent, Kamara at their peak in terms of financial return.  Perhaps even Tav & Goldson as well. Used the funds to buy replacements. Arfield, Davis, McGregor shouldn’t have had their contracts renewed although I acknowledge McGregor has still been good of late. But most folk thought he was done last season. Youngsters McCann & Lowry could have been promoted to first team in place of Arfield and Davis. We all assumed they would be bit part players so why not use our bets youth prospects instead.  And perhaps a new keeper bought.  Or just go with Mclaughlan and McCrorie. 
Admittedly we couldn’t offload injured players such as Helander, Roofe or even Jack while they’re being treated but they will now probably go at the end of their contracts anyway as can’t be relied on fitness wise. 

Most of those players have been here for 3 or more seasons now. Team has become stale because we didn’t freshen up team and add competition.  We are now left having to potentially replace 6 or more players in summer.