***** The Official Napoli v Rangers Champions League Match Thread *****

PromDeAnglais

Yilmaz looks like me might have a decent outball going forward. He was moving forward in exactly the way everyone has been screaming at Barisic to do. Injuries aside the lack of investment and forward planning has been an absolute shit show. Our midfield has no drive and can’t press.

Team has lost heart, no fight what so ever. Can’t see Gio lasting past the weekend if we drop points. World Cup break affords an opportunity to get someone in and give them time with the players. Decision needs to come now though with the run of games coming up. Stick or twist for the board.

3 minutes ago, MarcusDa Beasley said:

Don’t think I’ve ever not bothered to watch a Rangers European game. Caught the last 15 minutes. Never been so disinterested in a Rangers team and that includes our time in the lower leagues. Team and manager in particular giving us nothing right now. 

Can never understand this attitude. How can you not be bothered about any game?

So you knew Rangers were playing and weren’t bothered to watch them?

I’ll never get my head around this attitude 

4 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

Lundstram has been pish this season but being suspended isn't a good thing. I honestly wish we weould stop going OTT with young players who have yet to prove themselves. We're doing it with McCann, Lowry, King and tbh tonight with Yilmaz. McCann has been below average any time I've seen him. I like the look of Lowry but we need to give the boy games to judge him. King as well before he got a run of a couple of games recently was hyped up. He's only a boy and hasn't been great but will hopefully mature in to a great player for us. Doesn't mean he's ready right now.

Well as it is you’ve the chance to let players like Lundstrum continue to act like imposters or give those young players like Lowry, McCann and arguably Lovelace a chance.

I know which I’d prefer 👍

3 minutes ago, BigBearButt said:

you're right it does sound daft, it was a fucking training game for them and they could have turned it up again whenever they wanted. We are fucking atrocious from back to front and if you and others cant see that then we really are fucked.

I can well see it. My point is that for years we have been crying out for a proper iron no nonsense defence. We are powder puff. IF we had kept it tight, it breeds confidence and the team can grow. Watch Tav’s interview now and see what I mean.

23 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Point out one poster who has both lauded Morelos and slagged off Yilmaz.

I  could point out numerous posts in the match thread if I could be arsed looking back, I can't but if you are so desperate for quotes then I suppose I eventually could if pushed. 

1 minute ago, Redmond7 said:

We've had teams in the past that frankly were shit but I can't remember ever hating a Rangers team ever. Or certainly some players in it. And the manager. I'm not even angry now just meh. 

The whole point of this game is to score goals - I can not believe how fucking inept this whole squad is at doing just that. Honest to God it is mentally crippling watching them in action - we look like we could play for weeks against no opposition and still wouldn’t be able to slot the ball home. 

3 minutes ago, tom1780 said:

The worrying thing is based on that tonight 

the board won’t sack him 

The board were never sacking him off champions league. They summed up their thoughts in the tav apology. It's a bonus to them. 

He'll be here until he fucks the league. Then the board will act after it's too late.

1 minute ago, ElBufalo20 said:

Can never understand this attitude. How can you not be bothered about any game?

So you knew Rangers were playing and weren’t bothered to watch them?

I’ll never get my head around this attitude 

TBF I'll be seriously considering how i spend my weekends the longer GVB is at the reigns. Watching your team is supposed to bring joy not feel like you would prefer to stick hot needles in your eyes

7 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

Napoli beat Liverpool 4-1, Ajax 4-2. We should have at least have scored tonight if Alfredo hadn’t forgotten that he had to kick it into the net.

This wasn’t the embarrassment I feared. Was think 6 7,8 before.Those framing this as another GVB disaster just need to look at who we played and how the other teams did against them.

We are desperately short at this level and probably need a new manager but tonight wasn’t all down to him. Sometimes you just have to appreciate what the other team does.

They also played their first team in they games. They dropped 6 or 7 players from the team that beat Roma.