*****Official Rangers v Motherwell Match Thread *****

KeyserSoze

3 points, 3 goals and a clean sheet but the reality was we were sloppy in possession, with far too many players under performing and lacking in confidence.

We are getting results due to the change in system to one the players are comfortable with but there is a lack of control and cohesion due to individual errors and misplaced passes.

I think we all know that if we start the first 20 minutes on Monday like we have the last four games we are going to get murdered.

I'd say in the past four years we have only been beaten tactically by the better side a couple of times against them. Most of the other losses have been down to poor concentration in key moments. We need to fucking switch on fast between now and Monday. Mentality is going to come down to us winning the game or not.

2 minutes ago, Blues Brother said:

Most of the team were very average tonight… only really Borna, Davies and Goldson were a bit above average… worst was Tavernier. And the problem is I can’t see him improving much as time goes on… I think he has lost speed. Not just along the ground but also speed of thought. His passing was woeful. Throw ins woeful and 2 or 3 times refused to make obvious over lapping runs… Very worrying considering we gave him an improved long term contract 

I thought Borna, Tillman and Kent played well.

Davies and Goldson were solid defensively most of the time which gives me hope for Monday. They will. E battering shots in for fun. Need to be solid at the back. 

Tav was poor as you say,  and I am a big fan of his. No ready replacement for him apart from Divine. 

If  Divine was given the RB place  we would be more defensively sound. I wouldn't complain if it happened  given Tav's form. 

7 minutes ago, AberfeldyBlue said:

without being too negative. I feel that this 3-0 win has actually made me a lot more nervous about Monday and how the fuck that can be i do not know.. well do but i dont want to think about it

Too much time off work makes your mind go scatty mate. Classic case of holiday blues. 

Told the wife I loved her the other day and I was sober and wasn't locked out the house begging her to let me in  FFS!:unsure:

Watched the scum highlights after ours on Sportscene there...

They are consistently pish for the first 15-20 minutes of every game.  They over commit and go full gung-ho to try and get an early goal and they end up getting caught and making daft mistakes. They haven't been punished yet coz the rest of this league is pish. 

Tonight hibs missed a sitter, hit the post, and had a goal chopped off by VAR before the scum settled.

The first 20 mins is key. If we can control the game early and frustrate them I think we will have a chance. 

2 minutes ago, Craiggybear said:

They are consistently pish for the first 15-20 minutes of every game.  They over commit and go full gung-ho to try and get an early goal and they end up getting caught and making daft mistakes. They haven't been punished yet coz the rest of this league is pish. 

Tonight hibs missed a sitter, hit the post, and had a goal chopped off my VAR before the scum settled.

The first 20 mins is key. If we can control the game early and frustrate them I think we will have a chance. 

You make the disallowed var goal sound like it was close 😂 

19 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

This transfer window and the summer is huge for us mate. 

Probably not this transfer window if we are absolutely honest. The summer for sure. In reality this season is a write off as far as the league goes and has been since october.  Its all about Beale making steady improvement till the end of the season unfortunately and if we can maybe have a crack at the cups.

1 hour ago, Hadron Collider said:

Totally agree here mate. This fucking board have a lot to answer for. Cunts never let us kick on. How the fuck have these bastards let us get to the point where it becomes wishful thinking that we can beat the scum? This, sadly, is where we are. Fingers crossed we put in a performance for the ages.

After 55 we should have been strengthing. Adding quailty players that would force others into squad players or out the door. 

Instead we're still reliant on players who either can't cut it or don't want to be here anymore. 

The scumbags showed with the right recruitment, it can be turned around quickly. 

Our problem is we've still got guys like Wilson calling the shots. That the board are still praising this guy is beyond me. 

5 minutes ago, superallysbears said:

I don't think we'll see Tav getting back to anywhere near his best because he's getting close to being past it at 31, just my opinion.

He isn't past it. 31 FFS! 

He is one of the fittest and fastest players in our squad and rarely injured. He trains on his holidays and has a personal trainer. Total fitness finatic. 

He is having a  big dip in form. Has come back from worse.

Seriously think he needs a break though and Divine would be a sensible option. 

1 minute ago, Craiggybear said:

Tonight hibs missed a sitter, hit the post, and had a goal chopped off my VAR before the scum settled.

Tbh they do everything we don't, they attack fuck out of teams knowing if it turns into an end to end game they'll win 9/10 times as they have far better players than the teams they play every week.

Us/them are fitter, stronger and have x10 the quality of anybody else, they use that to their advantage whilst we haven't figured it out yet.

We seem to still setup like every game is a 50/50, far too much respect shown for the rest of the shite in this league

1 minute ago, sassaaaa said:

He should have had him play more direct , easily one of the tidiest players on the ball. Kent was a joke again but probably nailed on to start against the filth.

Always entertaining reading posters obsessed with a player the way you are. :craphead: