*****Official Rangers v Motherwell Match Thread *****

KeyserSoze

7 hours ago, bluenoz said:

What a load of rubbish!

What did he get wrong with that post?    He was basically correct.   Monday will be horrific unless some miracle occurs.  Last night was a very poor performance as have been all our recent games.  In fact we have been pretty crap all season.   Beale has a lot of work to do.  

1 hour ago, the old guard said:

For me the chief executive has been an unmitigated disaster, admitting he's is in charge of Ross Wilson and his department at the AGM, being sued time and time again for millions, losing almost every argument with Doncaster and taking millions in wages/expenses, the sooner Robertson is given his marching orders the better, if not then the future is certainly not bright.

Agree with most of that except it isn't Robertson to blame for losing claims for millions.  That is others higher up at fault for that.

27 minutes ago, sausagetrunks said:

If we could get money for kamara and lundstram, Jack, Davis, Wright, Matondo needs to go too. There isn’t enough energy in that midfield. We need to rebuild hopefully starting in January. 

Jack and Davis we can let go end of season. Worring but the talks before of Jack getting a new deal. 

Surely can find someone in the league to take Wright. 

Matondo I reckon we're going to be stuck with. 

We absolutely have to start adding in January. Horrible feeling but we won't. I can see this board writing off the season and waiting until the summer to start spending. 

1 hour ago, The No.9 said:

Dreading Monday based on our recent performances, we have started to mix up our attack more which is good but how sloppy we can be at times and how easily cut open we are time and again at the back doesn’t bode well.

Motherwell are utter pish but still got through far too easily. That lot will play the most attack minded high energy side they can select and we just won’t be able to live with it. Lundstrum and Jack will be chasing shadows. 
Really high chance of a red for one of our side on Monday. The two mentioned above could easily be off 

2 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Jack and Davis we can let go end of season. Worring but the talks before of Jack getting a new deal. 

Surely can find someone in the league to take Wright. 

Matondo I reckon we're going to be stuck with. 

We absolutely have to start adding in January. Horrible feeling but we won't. I can see this board writing off the season and waiting until the summer to start spending. 

Think you’re right - there’s too much shite to move on and get off the wage bill before we will add. 
The board will be banking on a cup win to tide us over till the summer - if the leagues not gone already there’s a high chance it will be on Mon. 
I reckon Jack will get a new deal. Fuck knows how though he is absolutely rotten 

1 hour ago, Dan Deacon said:

Tavs surely top of that list. Fuck knows what he was doing at times yesterday 😂

He's suffering a massive loss of form like the rest of the poor players, issue with tav is that as a defender he was never that good in the first place and his attacking abilities masked that, now going forward he's rotten we see his defensive frailties and how poor he is at simple defensive things

Its the same with barisic, if he's whipping in fantastic crosses and assisting goals, his piss poor defending is hidden, however when going forward isn't happening for him you see how bad he is at the back, 

Thats why a lot of teams target our fullbacks, they are rotten defensively, tarriers have tore us apart down the wings since fatboy took charge of them

3-0 is a good score line but lucky to not concede 1 I would say and some of our play is chronic. So many times the ball was blasted out of play etc. Hopefully just not used to playing the ball so quick under gio and things will click soon. Think we will need a minor miracle Monday tbh. With more time, some key players back from injury and more training sessions in I think second half of the season will see us greatly improve but probably be a bit too late now for this season unless they start dropping points. 

Kent had a couple of shockers - one where he passed it straight out of play, the other he shanked out for a corner :lol: - but his bit of skill in the middle of the park created the space for the opening goal. 

If Goldson and Davies were fit through October and November we'd likely have seen a few more results like last night: winning, but sloppy performances.

I understand what Beale is trying to do, get our attacking assets on the park, but it feels like such a disjointed and unbalanced side at the moment.

Cant believe we spent money on Matondo, he is completely hopeless

I also cant believe after fucking up the one on one against Ross County he did the exact same thing last night. It’s concerning that it appears no one had strong words with him about squaring the ball for an easy open goal after that happened. More concerning if they did and he’s still tried to go alone the very next time he’s in that position. Lucky for him he was offside in last nights instance.

1 hour ago, GA1972 said:

Cant believe we spent money on Matondo, he is completely hopeless

I also cant believe after fucking up the one on one against Ross County he did the exact same thing last night. It’s concerning that it appears no one had strong words with him about squaring the ball for an easy open goal after that happened. More concerning if they did and he’s still tried to go alone the very next time he’s in that position. Lucky for him he was offside in last nights instance.

Seem to remember fashion giving him some stick for not passing

1 hour ago, AGM_72 said:

If Goldson and Davies were fit through October and November we'd likely have seen a few more results like last night: winning, but sloppy performances

Ifs and buts, but if that was the case, I think GVB would still be our manager.

If they play the Japanese player at RB against  us, I think Kent, on his game,  is capable destroying him. 

Scoreline last night masks how shite we were, we gave possession away too often and too easily. We were lucky they didn't score a couple. If we concede possession like that on Monday it will be a long day and run to the end of the season. 

However our recruitment has been terrible the last year, we haven't improved anywhere and only got worse since losing Patterson, Aribo, Bassey and dare I add in Balogun. I feel sorry for Beale as he's inhereted a truly awful squad of players. 

For me it’s not so much that Tav has lost form he genuinely doesn’t look like he can move properly atm, slower with less engine to bomb up and down the wing  as well.

Still looks like he’s injured or struggling to me or whatever issues he has had have sapped him of his best qualities which was his athleticism imo.

Monday is the Important big test for a lot of these players if they want to have any inkling of a future Rangers career 

it’s Celtic at Ibrox with a chance to lay down a marker and get back into a proper title challenge . If they fail to get up for that and rise to the challenge then we are truly best off without them 

I ( extremely naively looking back now) even went into games at Ibrox in their Rodgers Era not expecting or admitting defeat . That was when they were miles ahead so I’m not going to start now. We know if we get into them from the get go and press them then they are vulnerable.

2 minutes ago, cr3_bear said:

Monday is the Important big test for a lot of these players if they want to have any inkling of a future Rangers career 

it’s Celtic at Ibrox with a chance to lay down a marker and get back into a proper title challenge . If they fail to get up for that and rise to the challenge then we are truly best off without them 

I ( extremely naively looking back now) even went into games at Ibrox in their Rodgers Era not expecting or admitting defeat . That was when they were miles ahead so I’m not going to start now. We know if we get into them from the get go and press them then they are vulnerable.

can’t see anything but a fenian win on monday sadly