****The official Rangers v the tarriers thread****

wully

8 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

I’m more concerned about next season now. I haven’t seen anything to suggest we will be in a position to halt them as they are doing their business early like they did to great affect last New Year. We are meanwhile effectively saying that we won’t be signing any goalkeepers. *sigh*

I’m not sure how many more times I can hear the “quality over quantity” line.

Beat them on Monday and the embers of hope will be kept alive I suppose.

The window isn't even open yet.

Needs to be a performance reminiscence of December 2018. Boot them up and down the park, give them no time on the ball and get in their faces. Reestablish ourselves that we can compete and not just get bullied. Fans have to play a massive part aswell, don’t give them an inch.

1 hour ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Remember we're basing a lot of good performances in OF games against a completely different tarrier team, especially at the end of lennons tenure

This current mob are faster, sharper, move the ball quicker, they havent got cunts like brown and eduard slowing it all down

I dare say what we need on monday id a walter style OF game where we have a back 4 of all centre halves who'll always stay goalside, a 5 man midfield with 2 wide creative players 2 in the middle who are more athletic than talented, one of them who'll happily kick fuck out of anything, a number 10 who'll run his arse off all game doing constant runs and a striker who's lethal with limited chances, oh and a keeper to bail us out when needed

Out of all that we have 2 centre halves and one creative wide player

Why would you play 4 centre halves against a team who attack down both wings.

7 minutes ago, Dickie said:

Why would you play 4 centre halves against a team who attack down both wings.

Because they'll be way better defensively than our current two fullbacks, remember our only league win against fatboys new team a centre half at right back was our MOTM, 

Tav and Barisic are shocking defensively, so they need cover which we struggle to provide without seeing us overran in the middle

Do you trust tav and borna to be defensively sound for the first time in how long? Or do you trust jack/lundstram/kamara to have the legs to cover all central mid ground and fill in at fullback when ours undoubtedly go flying up the park

1 minute ago, AberfeldyBlue said:

Last 2 times we have been out done by them simply being quicker and rushing us from throw-ins to set pieces we need to avoid this getting us overrun and dictate the speed of play. 

We are at home so that shouldn't be as much an issue this time round. just tell the ball boys to toe punt the ball out the stadium if it goes for their throw :lol:

6 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Because they'll be way better defensively than our current two fullbacks, remember our only league win against fatboys new team a centre half at right back was our MOTM, 

Tav and Barisic are shocking defensively, so they need cover which we struggle to provide without seeing us overran in the middle

Do you trust tav and borna to be defensively sound for the first time in how long? Or do you trust jack/lundstram/kamara to have the legs to cover all central mid ground and fill in at fullback when ours undoubtedly go flying up the park

I think you and others are giving celtic far too much credit. Before the Hibs game, they won the last four games by a single goal. 

We are at home. We should be dictating the play, not setting up how they will dictate the play. We have fallen into that trap too often in the last half-dozen games against them.

3 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Annoying how early they always get their business done, and then players hit the ground running - while we sign guys on loan with hours left of the window who can’t train for a month. 

Every signing we make needs time to bed in, whereas they see if they sink or swim. It worked last season, Hatate and Maeda signing in January basically won them the league. Hatate scored 2 against us and won the game at Tynecastle within about 7 days. Maeda scored more in half a season than Kent did the full one. It’s been clear for about 2 seasons where our problems lie, they’ve never been addressed because our DOF by his own admission doesn’t sign football players apparently. 

It isn’t even amateur it’s worse than that! 

3 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Remember we're basing a lot of good performances in OF games against a completely different tarrier team, especially at the end of lennons tenure

This current mob are faster, sharper, move the ball quicker, they havent got cunts like brown and eduard slowing it all down

I dare say what we need on monday id a walter style OF game where we have a back 4 of all centre halves who'll always stay goalside, a 5 man midfield with 2 wide creative players 2 in the middle who are more athletic than talented, one of them who'll happily kick fuck out of anything, a number 10 who'll run his arse off all game doing constant runs and a striker who's lethal with limited chances, oh and a keeper to bail us out when needed

Out of all that we have 2 centre halves and one creative wide player

4 defenders 5midfield a number 10  a striker and a goalie, adds up to 12 ????

McGregor 

Goldson Sands Davies

Tavernier                       Borna

Lundstram 

Arfield     Tillman       Kent

Morelos

Sands getting getting into  defencive Midfielder role when attacking. 3-1 Kings 11

1 hour ago, bluenoz said:

I think you and others are giving celtic far too much credit. Before the Hibs game, they won the last four games by a single goal. 

We are at home. We should be dictating the play, not setting up how they will dictate the play. We have fallen into that trap too often in the last half-dozen games against them.

Don't let the single goal wins fool you, piss poor finishing led to them only winning by a goal, they are creating loads of chances looking at the stats and at the same time we give up piss easy chances

1 minute ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Don't let the single goal wins fool you, piss poor finishing led to them only winning by a goal, they are creating loads of chances looking at the stats and at the same time we give up piss easy chances

Hibs and the sheep shaggers let celtic play and give them to much respect, I'm sure we'll not.

5 minutes ago, Orange and Blue said:

McGregor 

Goldson Sands Davies

Tavernier                       Borna

Lundstram 

Arfield     Tillman       Kent

Morelos

Sands getting getting into  defencive Midfielder role when attacking. 3-1 Kings 11

The more I think about it I think you u could be spot on with this. 

59 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Annoying how early they always get their business done, and then players hit the ground running - while we sign guys on loan with hours left of the window who can’t train for a month. 

They have been signing players that go straight into their first 11 or put pressure on what they have. 

We rarely do that. We've just been adding more guys who sit on the bench. 

They do all this without a DOF as well. Said before I'd happily scrap that system. 

Why work on a new system for a few months. And then people want to throw everything out the window and switch to a back 5. Or 4 CB. Which the players won’t have practiced much. it’s celtic not Real Madrid. We’re at home. Get into them. Throw them off their game.