****The official Rangers v the tarriers thread****

wully

2 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Fearful we're going into this with Sakala as our CF and Ure as back up on the bench.

Even worse I'm wondering if he'll go 3 at the back with Sands alongside Davies and Goldson to get more bodies swamping the midfield.

Seriously got a dread for this one.

We've went from Beale saying that roofe and colak were fit, to them not even in the squad for wed game, to now fearing we have 3 injured strikers for next monday

A fucking absolutely shambolic season so far 🤣

19 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

We've went from Beale saying that roofe and colak were fit, to them not even in the squad for wed game, to now fearing we have 3 injured strikers for next monday

If only we had invested properly and recruited properly we'd have cover in place instead of trying to win a title on the cheap where our opponents have spent millions. 

1 hour ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Roofe is just a shambles, he's a complete lost cause

Colak not even being on the bench is worrying, can't understand that unless he's miles away which doesn't make sense given Beale's comments

12 minutes ago, GA1972 said:

One things for sure Ryan Jack should be nowhere near the team on Monday 

We’ll need to take our chances when they open up, can’t have him slowing everything down 

Who replaces him though? Because him and Lundstram should both be nowhere near but one of them plays and I’d take Jack over Lundstram 

My team for Monday:

McGregor 

Tav      Goldson   Davies    Borna 

Kamara   Lundstrum

Tillman 

Sakala              Kent 

Alfie 

I'd go with this line up with a view to going out on the front foot. Would need a shift from Tillman to ensure we're not overrun in the middle, but he's a game changer - so needs to be in. Debated putting Arfield on but he's prob better off the bench, same with Jack who can steady the ship if/when needed. 

We might as well go for broke, I'd rather go for it rather than try and stay in the game, so this line up doesn't leave much firepower off the bench - but might as well have it on the pitch.

8 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Who replaces him though? Because him and Lundstram should both be nowhere near but one of them plays and I’d take Jack over Lundstram 

It'll be Jack, Lundstram and Kamara.

None in any sort of form.

53 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

I’d take Lundstram over him he can at least play forward and have a shot from distance. Cant see any upside to Jack playing at all 

Any confidence I have comes from the fact that our chances are decidedly better with Beale than going into Monday with Gio van Horseshoe still here.

McGregor plus defence picks itself and Tillman/Kent behind Morelos also is a cert imo, assuming all are fit.

The three in the middle will probably be Jack, Kamara and Lundstram with Arfield, Lowry, Sakala, possibly Roofe, possibly Colak the main threats off the bench.

One request - please keep Matondo in the stand.

If we ain't fighting/in their faces them in the Tunnel before KO, half-time and full-time we ain't winning. We have to do something to upset their Rhythm/comfort zone. 

I fear the worse and think we'll shrink into our shells and just try to keep the score down. :megaanguish:  

5 hours ago, Monty Zoomer said:

I am hopeful we can get an early goal (first 10 mins) then just shut up shop - I know it sounds defeatist but they have a much better bench and if we push the game, we risk injury or fatigue - their subs could destroy us but if we are careful, we can keep the initial 11 on the job for 75 minutes and bring on a couple of subs to shore up more, later on - frustrate the hell out of them and watch them unravel as 50,000 bears start the party

It would be revenge of sorts I suppose

2 hours ago, MacBoyd said:

Ibrox needs to be a cauldron for this 

it will be, but needs to continue being if we go behind.  Let's just create an atmosphere of complete intimidation, mocking their every misplaced pass, abusing every one of them taking a throw-in or comer, never letting up, letting all our players know that the cry is No Surrender.