****The official Rangers v the tarriers thread****

wully

59 minutes ago, miracle said:

Bit unfair on those 2;   Papac was our most consistent player and Broadfoot had McGeady in his back pocket that whole game.    Even in his first spell Walter liked to play with at least 3 centre halves in the back 4 with maybe someone like Davie Robertson having permission to roam a bit.   

I wasnt having a go at them, more the fact that it was a tactic that worked, kept us more defensive off the ball etc

2 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

I wasnt having a go at them, more the fact that it was a tactic that worked, kept us more defensive off the ball etc

Everyone was expecting a 4-5-1 and then we came our 4-4-2 with Miller starting (who everyone had already written off) played a massive part.

1 minute ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Nope, both were centre halves by trade and converted by Smith, to great effect

they were  better fullbacks than centre backs. i hear you tho. but they were better there. 

you think Beale could convert two of our centre backs into fullbacks lol 

Putting 4 centre halfs in on monday is nothing short of embarrassing. 

What I am looking/ hoping for on Monday is some indication that we can at least compete with these bastards. To be honest, they look miles ahead of us at the moment but that doesn’t mean we can’t win the game. Boot fuck out of them if necessary but be clever enough to keep 11 players on the park. I think the league is away regardless of the result, but I’d love us to put a marker down that we’re on the up. There’s still 2 cups to be won and if the board back the manager, I’m sure we can do it. Mon the famous, get right in about the smelly bastards. 

6 hours ago, Prso's headband said:

We either shit ourselves over 500k and lose out on our top targets or wait till the last minute and panic into signing anyone. We have no clear path at all.

Until that changes, this dynamic of us winning the odd cup will remain. It’s pathetic. 

I fondly remember that this used to be a tarrier trait :-(

10 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

The more thought I put into it the more I think we will win.

its the midfield i worry about.  were too slow and lethargic there.  we don't have enough energy in there at the moment.  for me Gio destroyed it, cant wait until we get rid of the midfield and replace them.  for me it's our weakness.  we have good players but its not happening for us atm.