Morelos

King Jela

13 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Not the answer anymore. Became a hero for a lot of younger supporters who hadn’t really had one before him but it’s time to move on.

Morelos could have been a player first few seasons at us he was flying and I thought he was going to push on just never happened.

He needs a new club to get his career back on track.

43 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Not the answer anymore. Became a hero for a lot of younger supporters who hadn’t really had one before him but it’s time to move on.

Reckon even the majority of the young ones  are all but over him by now. 

20 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

I’ve defended Kent a fair bit, but what he delivers just isn’t good enough I’m afraid. 3 goals and 10 assists, vs Sakala who’s 8 and 8 with half the game time (and I think Sakala is bang average). 

Don’t want to go round the houses with this as it’s been debated over and over, but Kent is so much more important than his raw numbers.

Parallels with Guardiola’s comments on numbers and Grealish.

I get I’m gradually becoming a club of one on this one though.

1 hour ago, GersInCanada said:

Both Kent and Morelos have run their race and ought to be moved on. My fear is that they are planning on doing a 'Goldson' and resigning in the summer if nothing better turns up.

As part of the refresh/rebuild they both have to go.

I'm convinced we aren't even offering Morelos a new contract.

Kent we might be. 

17 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

He doesn’t deserve one tbh.

Neither does Kent mind you, but Beale obviously likes him. 

Yes, unfortunately for us they have a long history together that must have clouded his judgement when he kept him on the whole game against the filth when he was rotten.

57 minutes ago, Broxi said:

I'm convinced we aren't even offering Morelos a new contract.

Kent we might be. 

Both a no for me not good enough to take us forward. Will be interested to see how their career goes and wish both well.

2 hours ago, bluenoz said:

It's hard to know the answer without knowing who the replacement is. Alfie is not easy to replace.

We’ve turned over plenty of good, bad & indifferent strikers over the years and done pretty well.  
There’s always apprehension when one leaves but in Morelos case here & now I’m optimistic about the replacement even without having a fkn clue who it’ll be.  

23 hours ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Are we only allowed one like?

The amount of times I've seen posts as if it's an either/or choice between the two is fucking ridiculous.

Obviously not, but I can guarantee there will be more interest in Kent on a bosman than Morelos... 

8 hours ago, GersInCanada said:

Both Kent and Morelos have run their race and ought to be moved on. My fear is that they are planning on doing a 'Goldson' and resigning in the summer if nothing better turns up.

As part of the refresh/rebuild they both have to go.

Hopefully goldson too 🙄