Morelos

King Jela

8 minutes ago, DMax399 said:

We saw his peak many months ago.  Should have been sold when his stock was high.  He should be on his way when his contract is up.

Ross Wilson is to blame, he said we have a trading model in place i.e. sell low (sign Morelos for £1m from HJK) and sell high (numerous suitors for upwards of £10m).

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, I’d have been gutted selling him but it was the right thing to do at the right time to re-invest and keep the squad fresh.

1 minute ago, NeoGeo7 said:

Ross Wilson is to blame, he said we have a trading model in place i.e. sell low (sign Morelos for £1m from HJK) and sell high (numerous suitors for upwards of £10m).

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, I’d have been gutted selling him but it was the right thing to do at the right time to re-invest and keep the squad fresh.

Absolutely.  If that truly is our model then we should sell when offers arrive.  As you say, it’s easy to say with hindsight but had we followed the model then he is gone.

Just now, KingKirk said:

Wee knocked back 10+for him because no one had a backbone to stand up to Gerrard. 

It's a sad that younger bears see him as a hero. 

He was worth more than the official bids that came in for him. 

Needs to be sold in January and ultimately needs to be replaced with a better player. Likely wash our face in terms of getting what we paid for but its a bit of an expensive lesson in terms of sell when its hot.

Its a shame that its ending like this but something has changed with him and he isnt half the player he was. 

19 minutes ago, DMax399 said:

We saw his peak many months ago.  Should have been sold when his stock was high.  He should be on his way when his contract is up.

His peak was now over 3 years ago.

He stopped being consistently good back in December 2019