Tillman

King Jela

I think Tillman OF games next year will be night and day to this year

a) he’s only going to get better with experience. It’s still a massive pressure to play in these games for a young kid. Sure some take to it naturally. Others can get better with time

b) he will work on the weak parts of his game. Time on ball, coming to ball etc. we know he’s technically good enough to improve 

c) he’s a front foot ball player. He will perform better in these matches when he also has better players around him. Better movement and more possession that gives him more time on the ball. When we’re less shite next season he will benefit 

Just now, The Specky Non Liar - Sometimes said:

Why not for Scottish football?

I think he wants to play a far slower game than we have time for. I think he lacks an engine and stamina. He doesn't hold up well to the rough and tumble of this league and as we've seen from Kent, Refs won't offer any protection.

4 minutes ago, theiconicman said:

I think he wants to play a far slower game than we have time for. I think he lacks an engine and stamina. He doesn't hold up well to the rough and tumble of this league and as we've seen from Kent, Refs won't offer any protection.

Your original post doesn’t make sense

11 minutes ago, theiconicman said:

He has been brilliant against the vast majority of the league so I'm not sure what this is being based on.

Needing ref protection is a myth, the league isn't full of hatchet men anymore.

34 minutes ago, The Specky Non Liar - Sometimes said:

He has been brilliant against the vast majority of the league so I'm not sure what this is being based on.

Needing ref protection is a myth, the league isn't full of hatchet men anymore.

Loads of people seem either think, or want, us to act and sign players like it’s about 1990. :lol:

17 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Awww man you’ve quoted him. He’ll be along soon to talk about how they were the glory days even though he was barely out of nappies at the time :lol:

Served with me in the great war mate.

6 hours ago, theiconicman said:

Genuinely think that's one of the Rangers da bingo phrases which just isn't true. His work rate is very good. Even back as far as Napoli away he covered the most distance and regularly does. 4 assists and double figures in goals from midfield in his first season suggest he's definitely not struggling.

10 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Genuinely think that's one of the Rangers da bingo phrases which just isn't true. His work rate is very good. Even back as far as Napoli away he covered the most distance and regularly does. 4 assists and double figures in goals from midfield in his first season suggest he's definitely not struggling.

The poster you replied to didn't question his work rate though. 

He was quite clearly blowing out his arse after 10 minutes at Parkhead which would suggest he doesn't have the best engine. Was the same at the cup final and the same at the 2-2 game where he got subbed because he was fucked after 60-70 minutes. 

1 hour ago, King Jela said:

He was quite clearly blowing out his arse after 10 minutes at Parkhead which would suggest he doesn't have the best engine. Was the same at the cup final and the same at the 2-2 game where he got subbed because he was fucked after 60-70 minutes. 

Do you go telling the truth now. It offends those who know about fitba.

4 hours ago, Malkytfp1 said:

It absolutely isn’t true. His running style is languid, which idiots mistake for lazy. Like you say, his stats and numbers tell the real story. 

7 hours ago, King Jela said:

Work rate and stamina go hand in hand.

If you're genuinely telling me he was blowing out his arse after ten minutes then you're watching a different game. Tillman has shown consistently a desire to track back and do the dirty work. To cover a lot of ground during games, like the Napoli game where he ran more than anyone else on the park. Match day threads are filled with comments on his work rate and how much he does. He has underperformed in the old firm games no doubt, but to suggest he's fucked after ten minutes is reaching. I also think he was subbed based on him not being in the game more than stamina.

I'd sign him in a heartbeat and I think we will, for a first season in what was a shitshow of a first half of it from almost everyone at the club he's done pretty well, I know folk will instantly look to Old Firm games and that is a fair point but those UCL qualifiers were absolutely massive to us as a football club and he was instrumental in turning around the USG game and his pressing and unselfishness won us the Play-Off in Eindhoven, it's not his fault we didn't significantly strengthen the squad after we qualified.

Since Beale came in he's upped his consistency and I think that will only improve playing alongside guys the level of Cantwell and Raskin, also Beale has been very vocal in wanting him, it'd be a bit of a blow for the manager if we didn't push this one through.

I just can't see a downside to this one, even if he doesn't turn out to be a world beater I think he's someone we could double our money on in a years time, he will definitely get better.

The problem with maybe signing Tillman is that paying £5 million is a fair lump out of our very small (likely to be even smaller when we inevitably lose the Elite £9m claim) transfer budget.  He is a gifted player but fails to turn up in our most important games.  The 4 league games against the other lot are crucial to success and ECL qualification.  Can we expect a new Tillman in future OF games?