Tillman

King Jela

2 hours ago, ayrshireranger said:

Do not get me wrong, I am a fan of the lad, just frustrated that he still does not get that the OF games are 200mph, and will have to adjust his game to that 4-6 times a season.

He will improve in these things as he gets experience and strength, it is his first season playing afterall. That's why we will make money of him.

Do not get me wrong, I am a fan of the lad, just frustrated that he still does not get that the OF games are 200mph, and will have to adjust his game to that 4-6 times a season.

He will improve in these things as he gets experience and strength, it is his first season playing afterall. That's why we will make money of him.

21 minutes ago, Darth Bear said:

12 minutes ago, Darth Bear said:

17 minutes ago, Darth Bear said:

Some stutter that.

I cant see him being at us we need a squad overhaul and he's going to cost 5/6 million in a position we are strong in the money could be better spent elsewhere on the squad.

He look a bit slow in games and that's exposed more against them as they give him no time to think and he struggles with that.

I hope we can convince him to stay. 20 years old he is a huge talent that is nowhere near his peak yet. 2/3 years and he will go for 20million+ providing bayern don't have a massive sell on clause. I can't see how it's not worth the 5million outlay. 

1 hour ago, KingKirk said:

I hope we can convince him to stay. 20 years old he is a huge talent that is nowhere near his peak yet. 2/3 years and he will go for 20million+ providing bayern don't have a massive sell on clause. I can't see how it's not worth the 5million outlay. 

Bayern have a buy-back clause if we buy him don’t they? Sure that was reported when we signed him. Not sure what price it is. 

Think playing him further forward to accommodate Cantwell and Raskin has not helped him. Don't see how we can't just play them 3 in the middle and do away with the pointless holding midfielder in Jack/Lundstram against 10 of the 11 sides. 

I would love to have him here next season but it's looking more and more unlikely for me.

7 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Think playing him further forward to accommodate Cantwell and Raskin has not helped him. Don't see how we can't just play them 3 in the middle and do away with the pointless holding midfielder in Jack/Lundstram against 10 of the 11 sides. 

I would love to have him here next season but it's looking more and more unlikely for me.

That midfield 3 with two widemen floating about with our fullbacks getting forward  will also be the best way to feed Colak if he's still here.

Have 6/7 guys capable to creating chances and one guy who is excellent at putting it in the back of the net. Works for celtic.

3 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

I think this ‘needs more protection’ line is a load of shite. celtic are hardly hammer throwers, he just looked overwhelmed and a bit lost against them.

To be expected as he’s young.

Has huge potential though. 

Too many on here expecting him to be the finished article already mate

4 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

The kid will be worth so much more at 24/25. Forking out 5M is good business sense in the long run.

I shake my head at the criticism some folk share of Malik. He has so much talent and will only get better.

The criticisms he gets are absolutely valid though.

He’s a talented player, nobody is denying that, but project player or not, for five million the vast majority of the support are going to expect a player who isn’t just going to show up in the biggest of games, but also make a huge impact on them, and he hasn’t done that once this season yet. 

I have no doubts that if we sign him he will continue to get better, but with how starved of success we are just now i’m not sure the wider support will have the patience to allow him to develop, especially considering the outlay he would cost.

1 minute ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

The criticisms he gets are absolutely valid though.

He’s a talented player, nobody is denying that, but project player or not, for five million the vast majority of the support are going to expect a player who isn’t just going to show up in the biggest of games, but also make a huge impact on them, and he hasn’t done that once this season yet. 

I have no doubts that if we sign him he will continue to get better, but with how starved of success we are just now i’m not sure the wider support will have the patience to allow him to develop, especially considering the outlay he would cost.

The sample size of OF games is small and to put that on a 20 yr old is harsh.

And don't forget, it was Tillman's goal that got us into the play-off round against PSV, which proves he can be a big game player.

6 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

And don't forget, it was Tillman's goal that got us into the play-off round against PSV, which proves he can be a big game player.

That’s the level that all Rangers players are ultimately going to be judged at, especially ones who cost millions of pounds, regardless of their age. It’s harsh, but that’s the expectation we have always had as a support.

If it was my choice, I would sign him, but I don’t think people who aren’t sure are entirely wrong in that opinion either.

21 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Also assisted Colak for the winner, in arguably the biggest pressure (financially) game in more than a decade.

12 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

That’s the level that all Rangers players are ultimately going to be judged at, especially ones who cost millions of pounds, regardless of their age. It’s harsh, but that’s the expectation we have always had as a support.

If it was my choice, I would sign him, but I don’t think people who aren’t sure are entirely wrong in that opinion either.

I think it's mainly due to the money and what the team needs. Bayern are not going to be giving us a gift that we could make millions on either the contract will be heavily swayed in there favour if we sell.

I doubt he'll want to sign permanently here.

He could remain a Bayern player and get loaned to a club in a better more technical eague than Scotland, probably even get European football which is one of our big selling points.

Nothing more than a hunch, just don't see him staying.

4 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I doubt he'll want to sign permanently here.

He could remain a Bayern player and get loaned to a club in a better lmore technical eague than Scotland, probably even get European football which is one of our big selling points.

Nothing more than a hunch, just don't see him staying.

Unfortunately this is where I think the biggest problem lies.

I would imagine he’s on a decent contract at Bayern so we won’t be able to double his salary as that will cause us problems.

He’s sampled CL games, games against them, cup final and whilst they have been in the main negative experiences, I can understand why he would do a seen it, done it and move on to a different challenge that will be equally financially rewarding.

5 million isn’t that much for his age and quality when you know what you’re getting. (No risk he will turn out to be an Matondo).

Especially if the deal is structured like 5 year deal, 1 million a year. That’s really pretty affordable.

If you were to extend that to a full 11. That would be 55 million over 5 years. So 11 million a year. Which probably isn’t too much more than we’re averaging a year anyways. (With the chance of selling for a profit).

I’d much rather have 3 guys of Tillman quality than gamble on 4 new guys for basically the same price and end up with 4 more Yilmaz, Matondo, Davies, Colak.