General Transfer Talk

Broxi

1 hour ago, TamCoopz said:

Heard this from a guy that was in the sauna with him a few days ago, hopefully nonsense 

While its prob a load of pish. I did suggest that if Leeds got relegated, they might be tempted to come in for Tav. Whilst I think we would be silly to knock back any decent offers. With the amount of players we are already losing and potentially to lose, I don't know if we can afford to lose another vital player.

1 minute ago, FlippinEck said:

While its prob a load of pish. I did suggest that if Leeds got relegated, they might be tempted to come in for Tav. Whilst I think we would be silly to knock back any decent offers. With the amount of players we are already losing and potentially to lose, I don't know if we can afford to lose another vital player.

He won't be going anywhere. 

7 minutes ago, FlippinEck said:

Leeds captain is their right back. Probably the last position they'll be looking at.

I didn't realise Lewis O Brien had went out on loan in January from Forest. Would take him up here. Very combative midfielder who covers every inch of the park. Might be quite similar to Cifuentes mind you.

3 minutes ago, FlippinEck said:

I didn't realise Lewis O Brien had went out on loan in January from Forest. Would take him up here. Very combative midfielder who covers every inch of the park. Might be quite similar to Cifuentes mind you.

I think we are pretty much there in the midfield now. Forward options need to start rolling in. 

8 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

I think we are pretty much there in the midfield now. Forward options need to start rolling in. 

In terms of attacking forwards I definitely agree. I think we want to get quality players in and guys like Dowell, Sterling and Butland on frees will hopefully allow us to spend on quality options up front. My only worry with midfield is if Kamara and/or Lundstram go, all of a sudden we only have Raskin and Jack to play behind what I would assume are the more attacking options in Cantwell/Hagi/Dowell/Lawrence. If we sign Cifuentes then fair enough but Lewis O Brien can play the Jack more and give a lot more all over the park. Not sure why im debating O brien as it isn't going to happen but I don't feel the greatest with just Nico, Jack and Lundstram there. An injury to Jack and if the Lundstram with his patchy form turns up, all of a sudden we look light.

1 hour ago, FlippinEck said:

Pretty sure DC United have an option to buy, no idea on the fee though.

7 hours ago, FlippinEck said:

In terms of attacking forwards I definitely agree. I think we want to get quality players in and guys like Dowell, Sterling and Butland on frees will hopefully allow us to spend on quality options up front. My only worry with midfield is if Kamara and/or Lundstram go, all of a sudden we only have Raskin and Jack to play behind what I would assume are the more attacking options in Cantwell/Hagi/Dowell/Lawrence. If we sign Cifuentes then fair enough but Lewis O Brien can play the Jack more and give a lot more all over the park. Not sure why im debating O brien as it isn't going to happen but I don't feel the greatest with just Nico, Jack and Lundstram there. An injury to Jack and if the Lundstram with his patchy form turns up, all of a sudden we look light.

Think the boy from Villa will come in on loan to replace either Kamara or Lunny.

17 minutes ago, demise said:

I think we need to find someone daft enough to pay 3-4m for Kamara.

One bad season doesn’t make a bad player - he’s deffo worth at least that. Would hope we can get £6m+. Time to get rid of him but don’t think anyone buying him would be daft, one of our few very sellable assets.

9 hours ago, FlippinEck said:

From what I've seen, isn't that Sterling's role?

39 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

One bad season doesn’t make a bad player - he’s deffo worth at least that. Would hope we can get £6m+. Time to get rid of him but don’t think anyone buying him would be daft, one of our few very sellable assets.

Would help if it was only one bad season tbf

3 hours ago, Broxi said:

Sterling is a fullback

Does seem to be able to play holding mid or centre back if needed as well though.

looks the type of play that is physically imposing anywhere on the field just might not contribute much attacking wise.

4 hours ago, Leeds_Bear said:

Mate nobody is paying £6 million for Kamara based on the season he has just had, if we get £2/3 million it will be a result, unfortunately Kamaras stock was at it's highest after the Euros, he has somewhat fell off a cliff from the summer of 2021.....even at 3mill it isn't the worst return for a 50k signing