Kent and Morelos

3 minutes ago, barrymorrison1 said:

Can only think in Kent’s case anyway, that we signed Lawrence to replace him. 
from what I saw in the games  he played, he was wide left.(maybe I’m wrong there though), and Kent was getting geared  up to be sold. 
once Lawrence got injured, the balloon went up with the potential sale.

morelos? Hard to say. 
gio had him playing really well when he came in, and he got injured around feb or March  did he not? 
don’t think he played again.

I can only assume gio thought he’d return like pre injury. Bullying all over the park again. 
When he didn’t, alarm bells started.

by that time we are invested in Colak, no sign of roofe (still) and left with the both of them. Only one of them was actually available to play, although looked, and still looks unfit.

It’s only my opinion, but maybe they thought after Beale came in pre Christmas he’d get a tune for 6 month, then try and sell in jan and replace with what though? 
that’s panic buying in my eyes. 

Basically a shit show it’s turned out. 

Should have said than, not then try and sell in jan. 

5 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

Which is why the players with one year left (OOC ‘24) need to be addressed THIS summer along with all the other priorities 😡

If a player has a year left, he has to be told that he extends (if we want him to stay) or goes up for sale.

We can never again end up losing tens of millions like this, not to mention the shocking performances once they know they’re going.

We got out of jail with Goldson thankfully but these two have been completely mismanaged.

That's why we have to hire a good DOF. Beale can't be in charge of coaching, transfers, and contract negotiations. It's too much.

3 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

That's why we have to hire a good DOF. Beale can't be in charge of coaching, transfers, and contract negotiations. It's too much.

Hes been doing the scouting the past month or so too. 

Just remember that Wilson "never signed players"

1 hour ago, SPWF said:

No one wanted them. No one even wanted them in January when they could’ve been bought for peanuts. Morelos haas tarnished his legacy with us with the way he’s behaved and played for 18 months now. Kent has always been a complete myth. Contributed next to fuck all for his entire time here but got away with it because he ran about a bit. Now he’s not doing that people are waking up to the fact he’s a a pointless non entity of a player. 

I've seen this timescale posted several times on the forum but Morelos has only really been awful this season. Last season he was bullying established international Dortmund defenders for fun. Kent the same.

This season has been the main issue. Morelos has struggled to come back from his injury anywhere close to being the same player. He seems less mobile but the biggest surprise is that he can't bully anyone any more. He used to go up against larger defenders and then use his strength and big fat arse to turn them when they got too close. That side of his game seems to have disappeared.

1 hour ago, Carnbroe Bear said:

I don't know why we're all surprised about their performance today....they were the exact same the last time as well. Every coont and their granny have been saying that,  every coont and their blind granny can see it, yet Beale takes the chance with them? ......Why?                                          The worse thing you can do as a manager is not to learn from your mistakes.

Beales loyalty and stupidity by doing so has just put himself on the radar so to speak and his own end-of-season report car is reading 5/10 at the moment with me.

Probably the lack of alternatives mate. I didn't agree with the post but on the match thread someone posted that there was a noticeable drop in quality when we subbed them off.

2 minutes ago, Bigdave30 said:

Seems like a different lifetime when people would argue the toss that they were worth 20m each.

Get them to fuck, we need to get some people in with a winning mentality and some drive, it’s not them.

It wasn't even an argument. They both were. Nowhere close now even if we had them under contract.

Morelos clearly should have been sold post 55. Even Itten in a recent interview says himself that he was signing on the impression that Morelos was leaving. The fact 2 or 3 years later he's still here and leaving on a free is gross negligence. 

Just now, RossS1873 said:

Morelos clearly should have been sold post 55. Even Itten in a recent interview says himself that he was signing on the impression that Morelos was leaving. The fact 2 or 3 years later he's still here and leaving on a free is gross negligence. 

If Morelos leaves after 55 we don't get to the Europa League final IMO.

Kent has mid table championship written all over him. No pressure, can play well once or twice every 10 games and collect his pay. He'll dissappear in to obscurity IMO. Maybe a newly promoted prem team takes a risk on him, but he'll get found out and will dissappear down the leagues in years to come.

Morelos, fuck knows. I could have seen him at Porto a few seasons back, not anymore. A mid table team in Spain or Portugal maybe.

It's quite something that most here will be glad to see the back of them. Time to move on.

1 minute ago, PromDeAnglais said:

Kent has mid table championship written all over him. No pressure, can play well once or twice every 10 games and collect his pay. 

Morelos, fuck knows. I could have seen him at Porto a few seasons back, not anymore. A mid table team in Spain or Portugal maybe.

Be a mug to take Morelos on. He's chucked it and lost his hunger (not for the buffets sadly) for the game. Too busy taking selfies with his barber wearing gucci man bags.

Tin pot fuckers

1 hour ago, LaaRFC said:

McGregor and Arfield are the only two players, of those who won’t be here next year, that should play again this season. Their only crime is getting old. Guys like Alfie, Kent and Kamara have been shameful in terms of their application. 

Imagine what the training environment must be like. A couple of bad apples and the work force goes to fuck. Some good memories between them but don't let the door hit you on the arss boys. 

1 hour ago, LaaRFC said:

McGregor and Arfield are the only two players, of those who won’t be here next year, that should play again this season. Their only crime is getting old. Guys like Alfie, Kent and Kamara have been shameful in terms of their application. 

Neither should be playing another minute either

32 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

I've seen this timescale posted several times on the forum but Morelos has only really been awful this season. Last season he was bullying established international Dortmund defenders for fun. Kent the same.

This season has been the main issue. Morelos has struggled to come back from his injury anywhere close to being the same player. He seems less mobile but the biggest surprise is that he can't bully anyone any more. He used to go up against larger defenders and then use his strength and big fat arse to turn them when they got too close. That side of his game seems to have disappeared.

It's true but I find it so odd. Would love Beale or someone to speculate on what's happened here.

Absolutely disgusted at the pair of them. If they ever wear a Rangers jersey again it’s a piss take. I know a lot of people are having a go at Beale and everyone entitled to their opinion, but these two players have ruined their legacy at Rangers, not just today but across the season. Good riddance to them and they deserve nothing from the rest of their careers. Cowardly couple of pricks. Only thing I’d say is at least Morelos looks the slightest bit interested at times. Not good enough though, absolutely expected their performances today, beyond abysmal and they should be utterly fucking ashamed of themselves. 

9 minutes ago, RossS1873 said:

But we might have signed a CF that could play the whole season and we might have won the title. Sliding doors moments.

Not sure it was Morelos' fault that he got injured then got played the following week only to injured again putting him out for the rest of the season, including the Europa run. Our striking options have been awful for a while when you think about it taking in to consideration players like Roofe who are as good as not being counted in the numbers as they are regularly unavailable. We had to play our most important game in Europe in 50 years (not forgetting 2008) without a striker.

Same problems with lack of backup today. People have been criticising Beale for playing Morelos today but the issue wasn't addressed properly in the summer and we're forced to play a mis-firing Morelos.

Back to your post we could have replaced Morelos after 55 but in reality we need more than 1 fit viable striker.