***** The Official Rangers v Other Mob Match Thread *****

19 hours ago, NixonRFC said:

It's been a good season points wise, you can't deny that, four games to go and we're still in with a chance of finishing on 96 points, which would mean we'd only have dropped 18 points all season, that's league winning form most years, think the only time a second place team got near that figure was in 2003 when we won the League on goal difference.

The problem is they've been relentless and looking at our point tally, they've had to be.

Iโ€™ll need to look out for the guys at the game selling the 96 Points Champions flags and scarves ๐Ÿ‘

1 hour ago, graeme_4 said:

You canโ€™t really have โ€˜goodโ€™ season and losing 5 times to the filth, being the worst CL team ever and finishing trophy-less more points behind in the league than Pedro / Murty were, in the same sentence.

Nobody said it was a good season. In fact it's been awful. Points on the board has been good though and would win the league most seasons.

Annoyingly though they've been better and we need to accept that.

Also we haven't lost to them 5 times.ย 

1 hour ago, left winger said:

Iโ€™ll need to look out for the guys at the game selling the 96 Points Champions flags and scarves ๐Ÿ‘

Another one missing the point of someone's post. Nobody said anything about celebrating being second.ย 

ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  McCrorieย 

Tav Goldson Souttar Yilmaz

ย  ย  ย  ย Lundstram Raskinย 

ย  ย Cantwell Hagi Matondoย 

ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย Arfield

Arfield in as a false 9 as we literally have no strikersย :ang:

1 hour ago, Jamie0202 said:

Another one missing the point of someone's post. Nobody said anything about celebrating being second.ย 

Not at all, I fully understood his post. However, with the massive decline in standard in the premier league, comparing our points total this season with previous ones, in an attempt to make a shit season seem not too bad, is just daft.

44 minutes ago, KyleBJK said:

Some of these teams are wild. Morelos is done and we know heโ€™s leaving but letโ€™s be honest he probably should play on Saturday, we have no other options.ย 

No thanks, we do have options albeit not very good ones. ย 

2 hours ago, Jamie0202 said:

Nobody said it was a good season. In fact it's been awful. Points on the board has been good though and would win the league most seasons.

Annoyingly though they've been better and we need to accept that.

Also we haven't lost to them 5 times.ย 

We will have come the weekend.

2 hours ago, left winger said:

Not at all, I fully understood his post. However, with the massive decline in standard in the premier league, comparing our points total this season with previous ones, in an attempt to make a shit season seem not too bad, is just daft.

Not convinced that there's been a massive decline in standard of the rest of the league. That's purely your opinion so it isn't daft to compare this season to others before it.ย 

3 hours ago, KyleBJK said:

Some of these teams are wild. Morelos is done and we know heโ€™s leaving but letโ€™s be honest he probably should play on Saturday, we have no other options.ย 

Noย 

Surely Morelos won't play at Ibrox again. The fact his wife took loads of pics of them in the dug out, leaving the stadium etc made it feel like that was the end

Just shows the woeful lack of strikers we've had for 2 seasons now. None fit to play in the Europa League final, now looking like Sakala or Motondo playing upfront on Sunday. Grim ๐Ÿคข

37 minutes ago, Madina said:

Surely Morelos won't play at Ibrox again. The fact his wife took loads of pics of them in the dug out, leaving the stadium etc made it feel like that was the end

Just shows the woeful lack of strikers we've had for 2 seasons now. None fit to play in the Europa League final, now looking like Sakala or Motondo playing upfront on Sunday. Grim ๐Ÿคข

It is grim. Colak is a bit of a mystery, certainly good enough for the SPL. Nisbet, Shankland and Van der Veen all better than either Sakala or Motondo as an option.ย  I hear the boos already but none of our players have scored a hat-trick against them.ย 

1 minute ago, Boybluesy said:

It is grim. Colak is a bit of a mystery, certainly good enough for the SPL. Nisbet, Shankland and Van der Veen all better than either Sakala or Motondo as an option.ย  I hear the boos already but none of our players have scored a hat-trick against them.ย 

Sakala and matondo donโ€™t play in the same position as themย 

5 minutes ago, Boybluesy said:

None of our players have scored a hat trick against them for about 40 years.

2 hours ago, Jamie0202 said:

Not convinced that there's been a massive decline in standard of the rest of the league. That's purely your opinion so it isn't daft to compare this season to others before it.ย 

Of course, itโ€™s my opinion, but itโ€™s certainly clear that itโ€™s not only my opinion. Weโ€™ve had a shit season and trying to make it sound better doesnโ€™t cut any ice.

5 hours ago, KyleBJK said:

You want to play him on Saturday !!!! WTF are you snorting ???? he is finished , gone , by, .

52 minutes ago, left winger said:

Of course, itโ€™s my opinion, but itโ€™s certainly clear that itโ€™s not only my opinion. Weโ€™ve had a shit season and trying to make it sound better doesnโ€™t cut any ice.

It's less about trying to make the season sound better and more about putting things in to perspective. The other day a poster said this season was like the 2016/17 and 2017/18 seasons. We're clearly in a much better place now than in those two seasons.ย 

I get that because it's Them, then the game has meaning.

But it the grand scheme of things it doesn't. There's no point in playing players who we know aren't in the long term plans.

Treat it like any other game now that the league has gone. It's all about seeing what our fringe players can do.