John Souttar

5 minutes ago, CoplandRoad83 said:

Have been critical as his mistakes have cost us goals, but fair play, he was excellent last night.

Yes I was about to type something very similar. He's really upped his game in the past few weeks and last night he was very good indeed.

He set a standard for himself last night, don’t know if it’s ability, mentality or bad luck but when we concede a really shite goal he seems to be in about it.

There’s been a few games this season my view on him has been he had a good game apart from the goal we conceded which isn’t sustainable.

2 hours ago, Boybluesy said:

A bit harsh, he's coming onto a game and playing a left sided role.  

Left side doesn't excuse simple things like misjudging the flight of the ball

Souttar can be great like last night, however, like goldson, theres always the fear of a goal costing howler in him

7 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

Don't know if it's been mentioned but that was some cross he whipped in from the right hand side last night. Didn't know the big man had that in him. 

He did it not long ago from the left hand side. Think Dessers might have scored from it. Someone did anyway, I think. 

32 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

I think we all forget that at times. :thumbup:

He's been really good recently. Every defender in the world will be at fault/blamed for a goal against at some point. 

Thought we were good at the bk last night, apart from our corners. But that has to be an instruction from the manager. 

I'm not blaming him either. Shit happens, we gave it a go, now we move fwd. 

2 minutes ago, Leftpegcoopz11 said:

He's been really good recently. Every defender in the world will be at fault/blamed for a goal against at some point. 

Thought we were good at the bk last night, apart from our corners. But that has to be an instruction from the manager. 

I'm not blaming him either. Shit happens, we gave it a go, now we move fwd. 

Yes I think he has been good apart from a couple of mistakes, which happens to most players. While a right footed player on the left can work as he shows, I would assume if he had the choice he would want to be on the right. 

It will be interesting to see who Phil brings into the squad in the summer in the CH positions.

My MOTM last night ..... and he has been improving under the new Manager ..... he will be feeling like we all feel just now .. pissed off.

Yes he still has a howler in him ... but when I look back at players with more skill and talent than Him .... Big Ammo for instance ..... it just shows that there is a howler or two in any player no matter the level of skill they have.

Hopefully JS can carry his good form to the end of the season and help the team reap the rewards they all deserve for their efforts.

🇬🇧

I think he could do quite well as a number 6. His possession and distribution is good and when he makes a mistake which he's always prone to do it will be less critical if he's slightly further forward.

There’s a reason no one ever subs on a centre back with 20 mins to go.

Terrible management.                                        

Done well for us recently so that’s all that matters