Cantwell

Loyal72

With Morelos away they need a new target. Standard ‘always cheated’ stiry. Try and find one of our players who is a threat and try to build a narrative amongst supporters, media and referees that he is cheating to extent that it sticks. I’d expect nothing less from wind up merchants like Sutton, someone I’m surprised is still paid in any capacity as a pundit. What is worse is when our ex players are apologists and add fuel to the fire. Cantwell has been superb in our league since coming in and we shouldn’t be standing for this nonsense. 

2 hours ago, Hilly86 said:

Recognising it and saying it out loud in a press conference already feels like a little bit of progress.

Still a lot more backbone to find.

We need the likes of Edgar (I think it was him) to keep raising these issues in press conferences whenever it pops up. The tabloids are not going to raise it in defence of cantwell anytime soon. 

1 hour ago, NorthernLights said:

It’s an effective tactic. Everyone gets on board with it and it disrupts the player, manager, and team. They won’t stop doing it while it’s working

It's not working though. Seems to be thriving off it.

He will score at least 10 goals for us domestically next season.

Cantwell will pick up a good few yellows. He is clearly smart enough to avoid a red card rhough.

I don't think that Scottish refs are against us in general, but the usual few culprits will be out to send him off.

The officiating in Scotland is part-time and amateurish and it clearly shows.

58 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

He will score at least 10 goals for us domestically next season.

Cantwell will pick up a good few yellows. He is clearly smart enough to avoid a red card rhough.

I don't think that Scottish refs are against us in general, but the usual few culprits will be out to send him off.

The officiating in Scotland is part-time and amateurish and it clearly shows.

I think the original point was how he is being portraited in the media.

I watched a game a few weeks back on Sky and the commentator was whining like fuck about him. That was how it started with Morelos and we all know that it didn't end at that.

They are scared of him, that much is obvious.

32 minutes ago, ElBufalo20 said:

Random question that possibly no one will know!

But does anyone know if Cantwell will keep 13 next season or move to 10 from Davis.

The wee man is already wanting the number when the new kit is out.

You’d assume he’d keep 13. Don’t see that much jumping about or squad numbers for existing players. 

9 hours ago, Smile said:

He's a decent player hope he goes from strength to strength next year, if he continues his form at us he won't be here long. 

If he continues as well next season as he has done since January offers may well come in. Can't remember how long a contract he signed? 

I'd just prefer not to "wish" players away that are his quality. 

2 minutes ago, Leftpegcoopz11 said:

If he continues as well next season as he has done since January offers may well come in. Can't remember how long a contract he signed? 

I'd just prefer not to "wish" players away that are his quality. 

2 year contract, free agent next summer.

13 hours ago, ElBufalo20 said:

Random question that possibly no one will know!

But does anyone know if Cantwell will keep 13 next season or move to 10 from Davis.

The wee man is already wanting the number when the new kit is out.

I wouldn't rush out and get him the number etc as it could change though as he chose 13 it is less likely.

My thoughts on Todd are I've never seen someone come in and make an impact like that in such a short space of time despite having practically no football for so long. 

He seems to love the club and our support as well so I think he'll be here for a long time to come.