Cantwell

Loyal72

Just now, STEPPS BOY said:

MB is right.

Perhaps some will wisen up to why Morelos was targeted and now Cantwell is.

Should we fire back on it? Call out journalists trying to claim that he is that? Or is best course he just plays through it?

Just now, STEPPS BOY said:

The manager has fired back.

We have zero influence anywhere else as our ex players are too bust trying to be pLs with everyone.

It fucking seems just so bizarre, genuinely to try and paint Todd Cantwell as a villain, it's just seems like such a reach.

Can't see this campaign having the same affect as the one against Morelos did. 

They were calling him a wee spice boy, now they're calling him a thug.

He has already been targeted and will increase next season with the likes of Morelos and Arfield not being here.

Hopefully some of our new signings have the will to win that Cantwell has.

The boy is a player. Really impressed so far.

I said earlier that that I don't really read the mainstream media but the volume of yellow cards he has received is far too much. They haven't yet cost him a double yellow but they have in at least one game curtailed his game and that was against the scum where he needlessly and stupidly got booked just before half time. Not the only yellow in his short time here that has been called out as a stupid yellow.

Fuck the MSM but as long as the ref's aren't the ones targeting him in the same way that Morelos was definitely refereed to a different standard then it should be fine.

1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Aye and if the cunts in the game up here have their way he'll be the best suspended player in the league sitting in the stand.

We need to tackle this head on, early doors, and shut it down completely for the lie it is. The targeted attack that it is.

Then let him flourish.

He's had a fair few yellows but I can't think of a single one that I disagreed with. On the other hand I can think of a few which I thought were really stupid on his part.

29 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

MB is right.

Perhaps some will wisen up to why Morelos was targeted and now Cantwell is.

Hope Cantwell is able to deal with it better than Morelos as a native English speaker.  Doubt it bothers him as much as it did Morelos who, lets face it, was an easy wind up on and off pitch.

15 minutes ago, JackAlex93 said:

Running the show and I don't think he's even firing on all cylinders yet. We've got a player on our hands

He's playing with a collection of players who either aren't good enough or have had one foot out the door for a while now. Get some hunger and quality around him and he'll only get better.

The other side of the narrative they’re building is how little praise he’s been getting in the press after really impressive performances. I’ve lost count of how many times I’ve heard some BBC Scotland journalist gushing about Furuhashi - or even some mediocre filth player like Mooy - but have hardly heard a word spoken about Cantwell. If Maeda, or whoever, played like Todd has the last four games, there would already be articles and podcast episodes in the Scottish press saying things like “EPL clubs must be taking notice!”