Cantwell

Loyal72

55 minutes ago, Smile said:

I just love Cantwell I know it's a bit early and goes against my judgement of only really seeing the value in players when they have won something.

But for me he has a tremendous attitude and has that spark and connection to the support that's been missing in a lot of our players.

Agree, and it’s something MB stated we really needed in the team - Personality. 

26 minutes ago, Amokachi said:

Agree, and it’s something MB stated we really needed in the team - Personality. 

100% he's in the mould of say a Novo or a big Marv for showing the support some footballers are not just robots.

58 minutes ago, Smile said:

100% he's in the mould of say a Novo or a big Marv for showing the support some footballers are not just robots.

I just hope we do a better job of protecting him than we did morelos, that lad was character assassinated at every turn. Club didnt do enough imo to call people out on his poor treatment, Beale touched on it and Gerrard mentioned it a few times but the level of scrutiny he was put under was a disgrace. Started in the press and then rolled out onto the pitch by the refs. Lets hope Cantwell doesnt get the same.

2 minutes ago, BigBearButt said:

I just hope we do a better job of protecting him than we did morelos, that lad was character assassinated at every turn. Club didnt do enough imo to call people out on his poor treatment, Beale touched on it and Gerrard mentioned it a few times but the level of scrutiny he was put under was a disgrace. Started in the press and then rolled out onto the pitch by the refs. Let’s hope Cantwell doesnt get the same.

Unfortunately I’d have to say the media groundwork has already started on Cantwell.  

Both he & the club need to manage it properly. 

5 minutes ago, BigBearButt said:

I just hope we do a better job of protecting him than we did morelos, that lad was character assassinated at every turn. Club didnt do enough imo to call people out on his poor treatment, Beale touched on it and Gerrard mentioned it a few times but the level of scrutiny he was put under was a disgrace. Started in the press and then rolled out onto the pitch by the refs. Lets hope Cantwell doesnt get the same.

Cantwell and Morelos are poles apart.

Like it or not, Morelos’ character WAS questionable and evidently so, both back then and most recently. 

Plus Morelos couldn’t defend himself as his English language skills were limited (or he was unwilling to engage) and most importantly, Morelos was a dirty bastard who stamped and growled his way through his first few seasons and was directly responsible for his bad boy image. Had he been one of theirs we would have absolutely hated him.

Managers and clubs can only support/defend someone who brings it on himself for only so long.

I can’t recall a single nasty tackle or reaction from Cantwell.  He’s just a nuisance for the opposition. 

14 minutes ago, BigBearButt said:

I think Cantwell a different character altogether and will challenge them more Morelos was a more private person away from the football.

21 minutes ago, Smile said:

I think Cantwell a different character altogether and will challenge them more Morelos was a more private person away from the football.

Morelos didn't give interviews.

But in his non football life he wasn't exactly private given how public he was in his social nightlife and some of the folk he's been kicking around with.

The evidence would suggest that Cantwell has replaced Morelos as the media and refs target man. Beale has already had to speak about this. It's the state of football in Scotland. Rangers are just not allowed to have good players. They have to be hounded out.

There is nothing subtle about it. Any threat to the scum has to be stamped out.

51 minutes ago, beararse said:

Cantwell and Morelos are poles apart.

Like it or not, Morelos’ character WAS questionable and evidently so, both back then and most recently. 

Plus Morelos couldn’t defend himself as his English language skills were limited (or he was unwilling to engage) and most importantly, Morelos was a dirty bastard who stamped and growled his way through his first few seasons and was directly responsible for his bad boy image. Had he been one of theirs we would have absolutely hated him.

Managers and clubs can only support/defend someone who brings it on himself for only so long.

I can’t recall a single nasty tackle or reaction from Cantwell.  He’s just a nuisance for the opposition. 

TC is right up there in taking all the good he can from social media and no doubt he’ll successful continue to fire back using these channels 

2 minutes ago, stevemac said:

No issue with new signings on shorter contracts. If they earn an improved one then great, if not we aren't tied to them for years 

Think it's risky on say a 2 year deal, if they impress after a season and won't sign a deal then we lose for nothing and they know in that scenario more clubs will be interested.

37 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Think it's risky on say a 2 year deal, if they impress after a season and won't sign a deal then we lose for nothing and they know in that scenario more clubs will be interested.

Tbf I should've said we should go for 2 year + club option for a 1 year extension as a safety net.