Cantwell

Loyal72

As soon as a Rangers player threatens celtic, their ex-players in the media make some preposterous claim or try and start a drama. 

Our print media, who have all the self-control of an eight-week puppy on cocaine, can’t help themselves and need to indulge their nonsense. 

The only bright side is that, unlike Morelos, Cantwell seems like he’s got the head on his shoulders to handle this in the best way possible - to double down on being the best version of himself. I can’t wait to see him tear it up next year. 

38 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

He's had a fair few yellows but I can't think of a single one that I disagreed with. On the other hand I can think of a few which I thought were really stupid on his part.

Agree mate. I think it's part and parcel of his eagerness to win the ball back. He flies in to challenges (not recklessly, but he usually gets let off with a few before being booked.

We just need more players that put themselves about the way he does and it won't always seem like he's being targeted.

1 minute ago, TheQueensEleven said:

Agree mate. I think it's part and parcel of his eagerness to win the ball back. He flies in to challenges (not recklessly, but he usually gets let off with a few before being booked.

We just need more players that put themselves about the way he does and it won't always seem like he's being targeted.

Also agree. I think it's the jersey, the expectation and maybe influence from the fans as well compared to clubs he's been with before. It's totally different up here playing for us or them. Some of his bookings have been silly though, especially the one just before half time against them.

From his interviews he's an intelligent boy but just needs to be smarter on the pitch at times. I love his aggression off the ball and it was a pleasant surprise because I didn't think we were signing that type of player. He needs to make sure the silly bookings don't cost us though.

7 minutes ago, TheQueensEleven said:

Quoted you twice but meant to say I don't think he is being targeted, at least not by those who matter like refs. Pundits and whatever the fuck a journalist is these days can go fuck themselves.

38 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Thought that Beaton was absolutely rotten again tonight. Let them away with murder on Cantwell. 

Spoke to one of their boys in the first five minutes for a tackle on Cantwell on the left. Probably was just a talking to. No real issues after that.

1 hour ago, Master_Betty said:

Two or three more players of the same calibre as cantwell and we will be playing some excellent football next season.

Best player in the league since he signed, no question.

Hopefully mate. Beale said another 5,6 or 7 to come in. We need them to be quality players. 

It’s about time we as a club/fan base wisen up to sutton etc… they are very good at the pantomime villain shit as we have seen with alfie. Glad beale mentioned alfie too when questioned about cantwell. Hopefully this type of shit spurs cantwell on to even better performances.

The reason they are slagging him off is because he scares them.

They thought he was going to be just another pretty boy but he has stuck it to them in no uncertain fashion.

Love his 100% commitment to the game not scared to do the dirty stuff coupled with skill.

7 hours ago, Jamie0202 said:

Spoke to one of their boys in the first five minutes for a tackle on Cantwell on the left. Probably was just a talking to. No real issues after that.

beaton is a cunt.

Have you forgotten the shocking oda? challenge on Cantwell in the first half in front of the dugouts. He was about a week late and high, the most stonewall yellow you will ever see and I don't think he was even spoken to for it.

If that's Cantwell or Morelos making that tackle the ref wouldn't have been able to get the card out kick enough.

8 hours ago, Stunels said:

Hope Cantwell is able to deal with it better than Morelos as a native English speaker.  Doubt it bothers him as much as it did Morelos who, lets face it, was an easy wind up on and off pitch.

Aye, it was Morelos’s fault.

How to miss the point.

8 hours ago, Jamie0202 said:

He's had a fair few yellows but I can't think of a single one that I disagreed with. On the other hand I can think of a few which I thought were really stupid on his part.

This.

Cantwell nibbles away at players constantly and gets stuck in for the full 90 mins. 
Of course he’s going to pick up his fair share of bookings: some will be fully justified, some won’t.

He’s not a nasty player by any manner of means but he is a disrupter. He just doesn’t look like one nor play like one when he was the ball at his feet.

9 hours ago, STEPPS BOY said:

MB is right.

Perhaps some will wisen up to why Morelos was targeted and now Cantwell is.

At halftime on sky the pundits didn't even mention that shocking tackle on Cantwell that was a yellow all day long.

Morelos makes that exact same challenge and it would have been dissected in great detail.

I said to my Mrs a couple of weeks ago that it's starting to look like Cantwell will be taking Alfredo's place with regards to being in the spotlight with our "referee's".

Good in patches last night, but a few careless moments towards the end of the match that nearly led to goals for them and a poor miss that he put by the left hand post about half way through second half.

Like the way that he’s not afraid to fight back with meaty challenges. The boy gets kicked all over the park. He knows the score in that the refs allow the opposition to do it. If the ref allows opposition to make strong challenges then he’s not afraid to hand them back. Good to see.

Narrative that he’s a diver and goes down soft but also a deranged psycho who flies into every challenge that warrants a booking. 

A hatchet job because he’s a sensational footballer. Imagine the papers when we hopefully have a team of them next season. Much like it’s always been, we’re unable in any “big game” domestically to challenge for the ball in 50/50s etc. look at our domestic card record v European record

We don’t have anyone in the media that sets the tone the way they have with Sutton and the likes.

McCoist got far too much respect for himself and the club to act in that manner and Boyd won’t risk his role with sky (neither should he).

Couple crackpots needed to shout at the moon like Hartson does.