*****Rangers v Ολυμπιακός*****

G.E.C.

Just now, Prso's headband said:

Not bothered about the score but we have absolutely no direction or structure. I have no idea what we’re trying to do when I watch us other than rely on a bit of magic from Lammers or another attacker.

What we do is simple and easy to work out, we play narrow and move from side to side making it hard to play through but always get caught out by the quick switch of play.

Same familiar faces miles off it Barisic, Lundstram, Davies all pish the difference when Yilmaz came on was nuts. No getting to bothered by it all about match fitness the new additions coming in will certainly add more quality clear we need another CB though 

2 minutes ago, Nk89 said:

Needed a friendly or 2 against an League one team from England get goals in the new lads n build confidence, all going into the league having not scored a goal 

I agree with this. OF course we should be playing these teams as well, but a couple of games for the attackers to get some goals is what I would have preferred.

7 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Beale has all the parts now. He needs to find a way to make this work but in all our games we've not created too much. Look disjointed and unsure of what positions individuals are 

Pre season so maybe the kind of performance we needed. We were shite and no more than that. Let's no judge new signings yet.

On another note I think our choice of pre season friendlies should have included some teams where we would have all the possession and be on the front foot to see how we perform against teams similar to what we'll be up against domestically.

Last paragraph my thoughts exactly. I’ve struggled to get my head around it from the get go. If it was to see how we fare against European opposition then it shows miles off at the moment.

9 minutes ago, nik2402 said:

Tackle on Hagi really wasn’t that bad. Massively overreacted. Was late and nothing more. Chased him 30 yards and pushed him and then shook his hand 30 seconds later. 

Bit of frustration at the score and possibly a bit of retribution for the bad tackle that the same player made on Cantwell earlier in the half which was right in front of Hagi in the dugout. 

Very hard to critique Beale or the Board, but the left hand side of defence is such a weak point - it has been for over a year. 

Really disappointing to be starting our last pre-season game with Davies and Barisic in there. 

I appreciate that Beale clearly hasn’t favoured Davies and doesn’t have many other options, but the consistent backing of Barisic is grim. 

Let’s pray that some bids come in for both of them. 

Sounds like a blessing in disguise. People's expectations need to be reset about what a newly assembled side is going to be capable of. Advocaat signed much higher calibre players than this lot when he arrived but even they were getting embarrassed by Shelbourne in their first outing.

You can't throw that many new players together and expect it to work straight away. Attack, midfield and defence are not separate units any more. They all impact on the work of each other.

That said, the defence is lacking severely in quality when Goldson is out.

Half of these new signings will be duds. That's the law of averages in recruitment (would have been 80% if Wilson was still there right enough).

People needed this reality check.

4 minutes ago, Malkster said:

Olympiacos are streets ahead of what we'll face in SPFL barring them. problem is europe we need to get the finger out for qualifiers or we're toast

Anything that disjointed against Kilmarnock and it wouldn’t be a shock to see points dropped