*****Official Kilmarnock vs Rangers thread*****

graeme_4

10 hours ago, SkylineBlue said:

This nails it btw. I dont know what it is either, but something is fundamentally wrong at the club that is deeper than a manager.

Would venture no flexibility in approach regardless of manager. Not for us having flexibility of going two up front or having a target man approach when playing backwater dross. 

Someone decided our formation and there is no moving from it. Gallussness coached out of players to fit the system  I think.

First game of the season but we've seen that kind of performance too often in past seasons. 

Despite the investment up front we could have played another hour and not scored. We looked like we didn't have any fresh ideas how to break them down outside of the usual cross the ball into the box approach. Then we had our usual defensive mistake. 

Manager starting 11 was wrong and I still can't believe at 1-0 down he thought Ryan Jack would change anything. 

Unacceptable performance and giving the tarriers a 3 point head start. Need to see some serious improvements this week coming. 

7 hours ago, cr3_bear said:

Player you may have a point based on stats 

As a captain he has been nothing short of atrocious 

two trophies worth mentioning while they have racked up double figures. We laughed for years at Paul Mcstay.

👍🏻The upgrade should’ve been done after 55, bad forward thinking of the powers that be. Christ knows what the thinking of the powers that  be is now.

IMG_6696.thumb.jpeg.f50c00b44fe459122277a28f4b17916f.jpeg

11 hours ago, goaaaal said:

It was Lundstrams throw in just because Tavernier fells he can overrule a player shows up his ineptitude in that situation by charging from the opposite side of the park to them play an idiotic throw in from a position of strength .

It highlights the ineptitude of him as captain he does similar with penalties the one and only game he lead by example was at the piggery with his goals and attempts whilst the forward line and team as a whole was inept that aside I'd take the. armband off him .

Neither him or Goldson are good enough at shouting and helping.players out of situations invariably self inflicted such is the tolerance of this idiotic style.of.play at Rangers it's become acceptable and opposition teams see it and exploit it .

A real captain would gave made himself available to receive the throw. Then take it forward. Not tav tho. 

8 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

First game of the season but we've seen that kind of performance too often in past seasons. 

Despite the investment up front we could have played another hour and not scored. We looked like we didn't have any fresh ideas how to break them down outside of the usual cross the ball into the box approach. Then we had our usual defensive mistake. 

Manager starting 11 was wrong and I still can't believe at 1-0 down he thought Ryan Jack would change anything. 

Unacceptable performance and giving the tarriers a 3 point head start. Need to see some serious improvements this week coming. 

3 points and 3 goals of a difference already. That goal difference last season was an extra point for them - it’ll head the same way this season. Danilo and Cifuentes will hopefully add a bit of quality but what we are seeing so far is all too familiar. 

If we were better going forward we could absorb the fuck ups at the back - problem is we are shite at both ends 

3 minutes ago, Swagger said:

3 points and 3 goals of a difference already. That goal difference last season was an extra point for them - it’ll head the same way this season. Danilo and Cifuentes will hopefully add a bit of quality but what we are seeing so far is all too familiar. 

If we were better going forward we could absorb the fuck ups at the back - problem is we are shite at both ends 

Danilo and Cifuentes better do the business because the rest of his signings look piss poor.

21 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

I honestly don't think we have. We have had a decent style and formation lacking a clinical striker and goals from wide and a fallible defence. Today we were a mess and genuinely deserved to lose which you could count on one hand the times that was the case in last 5 years.

3 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

14 hours later and I'm shocked there's not a Tav thread started up. 

Egotistical, narcissistic loser of a captain who in open play is worse than Barisic and a greedy cunt in set plays. Lost possession 8 times in the first 10 minutes from comfortable situations. Absolute shadow of the player he used to be.

Hes god on here to some , been at the club far to long and we are winning fuck all the longer he stays.

Will be gone when this manager is sacked hopefully.

9 hours ago, Davidorrp said:

Out problem today was our footballing style, , which has  been my bugbear for a few years now, it’s slow and ponderous. 3 passes when 1 will do. Defence have  most touches in game. Every  single player takes a touch before passing on. We never go to Byline to get a cross in always a diagonal cross from about 30 yards out. Lots of individual issues I can moan about (Fullbacks). Bit move the ball quicker and we would be far far better.

This is what what I don’t get.

EVERY single pre season training video focused on quick one touch passing and movement yet the pre seasons and Killie game it was the same ponderous shite we’ve grown to expect with long balls launched in 10 min intervals.

Was fucking grim.

Thought Beale was lauded as a tactical genius. I’ve seen fuck all to back that up.

also, might help if we get rid of those little fucking goals they use in training and get shooting at full size goals. Muscle memory and all that.

9 hours ago, docspiderman said:

So he is to blame for the failure of inept forwards, shambolic centre defenders and abysmal tactics from management? No leader could make up for the consistent failures of managers, strikers and midfield wasters to work out how to play against a team which packs their box. How many times has he been the one who rescues the team from the point of embarrassing defeat when big money signings have given up. Also we have seen far worse so called captains over the years who got an easy ride yet when a bad result occurs,no matter who fucks up, he gets the abuse.

Who are these far worse captains (name them) and did they win far more? 

39 minutes ago, beararse said:

This is what what I don’t get.

EVERY single pre season training video focused on quick one touch passing and movement yet the pre seasons and Killie game it was the same ponderous shite we’ve grown to expect with long balls launched in 10 min intervals.

Was fucking grim.

Thought Beale was lauded as a tactical genius. I’ve seen fuck all to back that up.

also, might help if we get rid of those little fucking goals they use in training and get shooting at full size goals. Muscle memory and all that.

Training compared to a game against 11 behind a ball is a different world 

I laugh when Beale says we had a hard week training , aye against teammates who barely tackle don’t have 11 in front of them and  don’t recreate a real game

Is it really asking too much to expect a good start to the season? It's like they can't handle anything other than being behind the scum, I thought yesterday we had a chance to really put a marker down but no we couldn't handle that, now we're playing catch up already, the manager was a disgrace yesterday and looked every inch the rookie that he is.

Was at a wedding yesterday but watched it back this morning. Wasn’t overly concerned with the results in pre season, but the performances were a bit of a worry. That’s been five games, four being friendlies and I’ve still absolutely no clue what we’re trying to do. I’d be amazed if anyone out with the first team squad and coaching staff can decipher what we’re trying to achieve. What a horrible watch that was. Slow, predictive and absolutely no penetration. Will never understand when your playing against a team with ten men behind the ball why their taking four/five touches. It has to be quick with plenty of movement or then it just becomes battering a wall and hoping it falls. A LOT of improvement needed, absolutely dreading Wednesday. 

1 hour ago, ayrshireranger said:

Bad day at the office, but there are still 37 to go. Maybe yesterday may be a blessing, gives them a kick up the arse not only for Wed, but the season. 

I've seen that movie before. The last 2 seasons we've had folk thinking a bad result is the "kick up the arse" that's needed, then we rinse and repeat. 

That was absolutely grim viewing yesterday against a team that will probably be bottom 6. Play like we did yesterday v the top 4 and we could be looking at another very long season 

2 hours ago, STEPPS BOY said:

68% possession
4 successful dribbles
4 shots on target.

Horseshoe ball..

Were any of those shots on target in the second half?

They put a stat up at one point and we hadn't a shot on target in the second half while Killie had a couple by that point, including the goal, and had more touches in our box than we did theirs. Despite us nearly having 70% of the ball.