Hagi

ForeverBlue92

I like Hagi and think he's really good technically but struggle to see where he would fit in Beale's preferred set up.  I know it's never likely to happen but I wonder if he could've been adapted to play as a deep playmaker like the Pirlo role with Raskin providing defensive cover next to him.  It would remove concerns about lack of pace and let him control the game.

Putting Tav into midfield is a joke. It's actually embarrassing when Hagi is available from the bench. The man is simply undroppable even when we are winning comfortably. 

He will be Beale's first name on the team sheet on Tuesday. A few minutes' rest wouldn't hurt.

2 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Putting Tav into midfield is a joke. It's actually embarrassing when Hagi is available from the bench. The man is simply undroppable even when we are winning comfortably. 

He will be Beale's first name on the team sheet on Tuesday. A few minutes' rest wouldn't hurt.

Hagi is fucking pish a don't know why you can't understand this. 

A would play Beale in midfield before him 

What the fuck do you see that every other supporter, manager and critic doesn't? 

Just now, born a blue nose said:

What the fuck do you see that every other supporter, manager and critic doesn't? 

People say he is pish, then say we should get a decent fee for him and there will be plenty of takers. A bit of a contradiction, don't you think?

Far from pish. And if you think Tav is a better midfielder, then I don't know what to say.

2 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

I definitely don't think he's "pish" but just doesn't suit our system or league.  In a slower, more technical league he has the potential to be a pretty good player. 

Just now, bluenoz said:

People say he is pish, then say we should get a decent fee for him and there will be plenty of takers. A bit of a contradiction, don't you think?

Far from pish. And if you think Tav is a better midfielder, then I don't know what to say.

When's the last time he came on and you thought oh he's decent? He falls over, chases lost causes and fuckin annoys other players due to shite link up. 

I'm not interested in mugs saying get a good fee, they are in the same bracket as you.

Get your head out your arse 

8 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Tav went to right wing back and Sterling into a back 3. 

4 hours ago, bluenoz said:

A few people mentalists on bere were calling for Tav to be pushed up to midfield last season. Was even a thread on it.

Starting to think Beale is a member on here!:lol:

@bluenoz you've been cheering for Hagi for a long time but he's honestly never done much other than the purple patch when he first joined. I think he's far too slow and needs far too much room for our game. He's not pish but he often fails to show anything and I think his name carries more weight than his ability.

6 hours ago, bluenoz said:

I think he's pish and really doubt we'll get a decent fee for him tbh.

Don't disagree about Tav though. Both should've been punted by now. 

3 hours ago, Malkytfp1 said:

@bluenoz you've been cheering for Hagi for a long time but he's honestly never done much other than the purple patch when he first joined. I think he's far too slow and needs far too much room for our game. He's not pish but he often fails to show anything and I think his name carries more weight than his ability.

Has he really been given a proper chance since his injury? I don't think so. When Cifu, Raskin, and Cantwell all get taken off at the same minute and he is not one of the subs, I'm asking for a transfer if I'm him. The reality is, there are takers, at a decent fee which gives strength to my argument.

in the pre-match presser, Beale mentions everybody Lawrence, Roofe, etc, except Hagi. He has no chance in this team. Time to sell.

18 hours ago, Cooperson said:

Only for what we paid  or more 

4 hours ago, bluenoz said:

Has he really been given a proper chance since his injury? I don't think so. When Cifu, Raskin, and Cantwell all get taken off at the same minute and he is not one of the subs, I'm asking for a transfer if I'm him. The reality is, there are takers, at a decent fee which gives strength to my argument.

in the pre-match presser, Beale mentions everybody Lawrence, Roofe, etc, except Hagi. He has no chance in this team. Time to sell.

Out of curiosity, why do folk think we will get what we paid?? He's not lived up to his name and so called ability and he's been injured for almost a year, I wouldn't be surprised if we made a loss with a potential sell on clause. 

18 minutes ago, Ross-Gazza genius said:

Out of curiosity, why do folk think we will get what we paid?? He's not lived up to his name and so called ability and he's been injured for almost a year, I wouldn't be surprised if we made a loss with a potential sell on clause. 

He was class before his injury in imo, If he is still the same who knows only time will tell, would hope we would get or money back for him if he went because I am sick of us underselling our players

7 hours ago, bluenoz said:

Who and where are these 'takers' for Hagi at a decent fee? I've seen Galatasaray linked through lazy journalism and nothing else.

You're right in saying he's not been given much of a chance since his return from injury but I think Hagi was one of these players who got better through injury in the sense we anticipated him coming back with a bang. We also get drawn into this false pretence that he is some up and coming youngster with potential when reality is he's hitting 25 into his 5th season with us and has played almost 100 games where he has mostly failed to deliver. 

I think we love the idea of Hagi more than Hagi. A creative ten with goals and assists. I think it's strange sometimes that we are happy to write off the likes of Matondo, Sima, Dessers after so little games but live in hope that a guy who's been here for so long will come good after such a massive injury.

I like Hagi, talented player who contributed to our league title winning season. He was below par the season he got injured but it's still been a cruel injury for the guy. Missing 15 months of football at his age is a disaster. 

He should probably be moved on though. He clearly doesn't fit and is just sitting on the bench, will be on decent wages. I can't see him forcing his way back in. Suspect he'll head off on loan somewhere with an option to buy.

3 hours ago, Cooperson said:

He was class before his injury in imo, If he is still the same who knows only time will tell, would hope we would get or money back for him if he went because I am sick of us underselling our players

I've never thought any of him time with us he was class, he had a good spell but has been largely disappointing in my eyes. If someone offered £3 million I'd snap their hand off imo